GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI - Clean Catch Crankcase Oil Separator for All 2.0T Engines!

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

Black Forest Industries is proud to announce the release of our newest product line:

The Clean Catch Crankcase Oil Separator, the most advanced, most functional and best looking option to remove excess oil vapor from your PCV/Intake tract.

One of the biggest concerns of the direct injection engine design - is what to do with crankcase vapor. As with all emissions compliant vehicles, the PCV gasses must be recirculated back into the intake tract. The problem with direct injection is that those latent oil vapor laden gasses then help with the process of carbon deposition on the intake valves. For many who have experienced this, you will be familiar with valves that look like this:

Help to limit those deposits by removing as much of the oil vapor from the PCV system as possible with one of our Clean Catch catch cans!

For the Mk5 there are two different versions for each 2.0T engine - for the FSI engine ('05-'08.5):

Click the picture for pricing and info!

All FSI Clean Catch catch cans utilize our new VAGPORT PCV connection system and come with pre-crimped #8 hoses, fittings, brackets and all necessary hardware for installation in minutes! Each Clean Catch FSI catch can is designed to fit under the factory airbox/intake as well as the factory "noise pipe"

And a version for the TSI engine ('09+):

Click the picture for pricing and info!

Each TSI Clean Catch catch can utilizes our new VAGPORT PCV connection system and comes with pre-crimped #10 hoses, as well as all fittings brackets and hardware for installation in minutes! Each Clean Catch TSI catch can is designed to fit under the factory air cover and utilizes the same type of quick release connector used by Audi Sport and Team Joest on the Audi Le Mans prototype cars. *At this time we do not have a version that is compatible with the stock "noise" pipe*

xatnys360

Ready to race!
Are there any pictures of this can disassembled? I'm curious what kind of baffle setup you guys use to catch the oil... I'm looking to buy this week, but failing pictures of the BFI, I think I'll have to go w/ the 42DD setup.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Are there any pictures of this can disassembled? I'm curious what kind of baffle setup you guys use to catch the oil... I'm looking to buy this week, but failing pictures of the BFI, I think I'll have to go w/ the 42DD setup.

We use a V-shaped baffle inside of the catch can.
We are working on additional photos to illustrate how the can work.
Those will be on our website in the near future.

very nice the fittings look top notch

They are indeed. :thumbsup:

Joe@blackforest

Here are a couple pictures as people have asked for the interior of the can:

And a cut-away to show generally how the gasses flow around the can:

Keep in mind that this image doesn't really show that most of the pcv gasses hit the first side of the v baffle as they enter the can.

As far as price, yes we know it is pricey - but much of that is the materials/hardware used. We could make one cheaper, but it wouldn't be as nice..

xatnys360

Ready to race!
It's high dollar for sure, but Joe seems to know his stuff and it seems like an innovative design compared to some of the other "premium" catch cans on the market. I'm going to roll the dice and give it a try. :thumbsup:

Xenor

Clean Freak
Car(s)
GTI
Best solution I've seen. Now I just have to convince myself to replace my working, albeit, not-as-nice, PCV and catch can solution.

I'll be by the shop tomorrow. :wink: