GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Stage 1 HP and Torque Numbers?

NJ.ian

All Things SB
Car(s)
08 GTi
Okay, so I am currently up in the air between GIAC and APR. I cannot seem to find the HP and Toque gains however from GIACS website, so I am wondering what the numbers really are?

Also.

This thread really isn't a vs thread for the 2 companies because I understand you guys probably want to gauge your eyes out when you see these types of threads, but if you guys have any advice or wanna throw your 2 cents in your more than welcome, because I'm really torn.

Thanks Guys & Merry Christmas

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
You can't go by the numbers from two different tuners unless they used the same dyno. With Stage 1 there is unlikely to be much of a real difference anyway so I would go with whichever tuner has a closer / better dealer.

NJ.ian

All Things SB
Car(s)
08 GTi
^Thanks for the input. APR I believe is closer to me, but GIAC has a very reputable shop in PA that may be worth the trip. I may just choose whichever is cheapest at this point.

BurninRubber

Fast's Pilot
Car(s)
'07 GTi
i went giac stage 1... its fucking awesome. i believe (but don't quote me) its a more aggressive tune compared to APR

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Giac is more aggressive than apr. I would go with unitronic if i did it all over again.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Just be prepared you may need to go back for one reason or another, be it a reflash or an upgrade, so distance and support are very important. Merry Xmas to you too :)

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
Im revo and lovin it...i think giac, revo, and uni are a lil more aggresive than apr...not my much thou, in order i think i'd be apr-revo-giac-uni...and revo give you boost, timing, fuel control....so i think revo can be made the most aggresive in the end...but in stock stg1/2 they're are pretty similar...so ive read...im revo and i pull on apr cars by nothing, maybe a few inches bumper to bumper

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I wouldn't choose GIAC for anything personally. I had the stock/91/race with flashloader on my rabbit and the lack of updates and gains was frustrating. GIAC seems to be off their game compared to the other companies. When it comes to stg 2+ GTIs I usually seem to get the upper hand on GIAC cars but not APR when I run em with c2 stg 2

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G Shift using Tapatalk

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
i had stage 1 for a couple months and when i went to stage 2 i didn't notice much of a difference. its nice being able to flash from stock to stage 2 with the flashloader though. I've never dyno'd the car or driven any other GTI's with other flashes but i can tell you with stage 2 in 4th or 5th gear i typically hit 17-18psi at WOT and it tapers off to around 12psi by redline. Most of the time in 3rd gear i see about 15psi at WOT.

garrett2

Mia, I'm a cop.
I was a previous APR customer and wasn't to happy with the tune. I ended up going with the EuroCustoms tune and it feels more aggressive over the APR file. I've heard good things about Revo & Uni to. :thumbup:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I 1st had GIAC's pump perf. remap with just an intake. It's strong. Ran 14.1's with it that way on 92 oct. A couple guys with APR, intake, and dp were running 14.6 plus. One of these guys were at the PNW waterlands again last year and he couldn't do better than 14.9.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Plus, APR can be locked in stock mode for warranty work. That convenience alone is worth a few HP. And I know your readiness state will all read passed with Stage 1.