GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tomshouse516 timeline/build/photodump a million pictures

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
Just following the trends. I suck at taking pictures but I do anyway.
It is coming on 3 years and just shy of 70k on my 09 GTI. Bought new in March 2009 only options being DSG and heated seats.

It has been a slow progression and I will forget a lot of minor details but here is my timeline/build thread/photo dump.

I will skip the same old boring stock, and stock on lowering springs.

In the fall of 09 my girlfriend decided to rear-end a poor MKV Jetta. I was ready to murder her and spend the rest of my life in jail, but all bad things happen for a reason(yea right) and it actually turned out pretty well.

I also picked up a set of Mercedes e-class wheels in 17"x8" et 38 and mounted the stock 225/45 ballon jobs on them.

So in January of 2010 the repairs were done and a boser hood was added!

After that I did a rear muffler delete and made up a short ram intake setup for it on the cheep.

Next project was the rear "hidden" hitch and bike/snowboard rack

In the spring of 10' I painted the wheels black, this is the first and last set of black wheels I will run except for the steelies on my truck.
I also added a votex rep lip

I drove around the for a bit like this all the while hating the 4x4ness and big ass tires

July 10' was the first time I looked at my car and kinda liked it.

FK Silverline +X with no helpers, 205/45 falkens, tinted tail lights and mirror turns were all done around this time.

September 10' I turned 24 and went to my first real VW show H20i. It really was so much fun it really set in how fun the VW scene is even though it's full of assholes and haters.

I also painted my wheels gunmetal and lowered the car more. I absolutely loved my car like this, it is what I think the best my car has been so far.

December 2010 I bought a set of winter wheels, as well as two full sets of Corvette wagon wheels in 17"x8.5" et56 and 18"x9.5" et63.

I ordered four 27mm adapters from motorsports-tech and four 205/40r18 Nitto neo-gen tires.
Final specs are 9.5" et 36

test fit

stretch

I rushed and mounted them after stripping them completely in raw cast aluminum.

The days following mounting them I was still playing with the fitment than I got stuck doing stupid christmas driving and trucking people around and the rear quarters got totally fucked/burnt/kinked at -2.5 camber.fml

In between christmas and me plowing during a close to 2' of snow on the 26-27th I managed to max the rear camber, pull the rear fenders, raise the car 1/2", do a full check over on the car, pack, and finish building my friends badd 73' Honda cb500. This was all in preparation for a 3 week long road trip on the 29th from Long Island along the south west all the way to L.A. and San Diego.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139152

I managed to destroy my rep lip on that trip.

There are a lot of pictures I never posted from that trip just because we cut it so close we had to pretty much rush home from the grand canyon and I was to burnt to post pictures.

Spring 2011 I notched my frame lowered the car more and got some new wheels.

Work VS-MX wheels in 18"x8"-9" et38 with 205/40-215/40 tires.

I picked up an OEM Euro lip from Kevin at EE Militia. I made it to a few shows and meets including Waterfest where I took zero pictures because it was too hot and I was lazy.

I took a trip to New Hampshire, drove the car up the Mt. Washington Auto Road and took some more pictures.
I also upgraded to flickr from photobucket at this time.

Moar...

So with H20i coming up I was in save mode so I did one mod with some pop.

I rattle canned the faces and hand cleaned and polished 160 gold work bolts (that were all mint under all the dirt)

I disliked the red smiley with the green so I tried to paint it green 30 minutes before leaving for Ocean City, that didn't work so I ran no smiley.

My friends B5 S4 getting a uni tune and the reason I didn't kill my gf when she crashed the car.

Random H20i shot

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
SO what was I saving before H20i for might one ask?

Finally.

A better ride height

After constantly fighting with my girl over the car being too low for her to drive static (we share it) I made a plan to bag the car and do some choice mod to actually improve the handling from where it was at.

With all good plans they take some time and this plan won't be followed through until spring 2012.

Because winter sucks, and sucky winter setups are a bummer I decided to put together a decent winter setup.

biting the style of the great gtikole white on UG with some Blizzak stretch.
17"x8.5" et 29 205/40 front 205/45 rear.

I also added a Jap spec tdi rear

And a white smiley (another kole bite)

Well apparently all my imitation and posing caught up to me, two weeks ago the car got backed into parked outside my apartment.

The bumper, grill, headlight, and worst of all BOSER HOOD got damaged.

Hit and run fuck me.

So this is where I am at now. The car is headed to the body shop for repairs, the hood is fixable thank the lord, shaved bumper, and new fenders are being done. (mine are fucked from static life)

I have a few more suspension bits waiting to be installed and to finalize the suspension setup.

I will have big H&R sway bars 26mm front 28mm rear, Ground Control camber plates, Koni dampening adjustment shocks. It will lay frames and tuck some decent rubber stretched over wide wheels.

The Works are sold the 2012 summer setup will include 225/35 Goodyear F1 Asymmetric tires.

The wheels will look a lot like these except PC'd silver and tucking front and rear on fresh new front fenders.

I am in the Bahamas for a few weeks/month or two working and the car is headed to the body shop. Updates will be slow for the next month or so but there will be some big changes coming towards the end of winter/ spring.

sorry for the long post lol.

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
Thanks bud.

She looks especially good cruising the car around, only problem now is I have to yell at her to drive lower.

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
lol, its not the issue of it being low, its on 205/40 17's so he drive height that is high to me is still around 23-23.5" ftg

i drive at like 22" or less

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
Thanks, it's been getting slowly more and more beat.
Hopefully it will be in better shape this year so I can actually enter in the shows and feel comfortable with it

NJA-TRTL

Ready to race!
Great thread!
I'm with Dustin on the babe comment ;)
When I saw the green come out and the faces on the ground I was worried but looks killer on the car. I never would have thought of gold bolts but good thing you did!

All and all good looking car

jrbrownie00

Go Kart Champion
Winter tire stretch, I like it lol. Car looks good, white on those works would probably look a little better than that green color though. White makes the lips look bigger too. Good stuff though, lucky to be working in the bahamas.

tomshouse516

Car(s)
09 GT1
I also forgot to mention I bought a 3" ebay downpipe around fall of 2010, I welded in a small magnaflow metallic cat and installed it.

I ran that for a while with a stock tune mostly out of laziness and not wanting to spend the $$ on it.
I got revo flashed at WF and it was an amazing upgrade in power and fuel economy, I was kicking my self for waiting but at $450 flat for the tune installed I was happy.