GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CV/Trans noise, DSG

JamDawg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI 4 DOOR
My car is making the same sound as if the CV joint is going out except that it’s making the noise in a straight line. CV joints usually make tthe grind pop noise during turns when they are on their last leg.

The car does not make a sound when accelerating, decelerating (engine slowing the car), or If the breaks are being applied. In other words the sound goes away as long as there is TQ in some form being applied to the drive train. It only makes the noise when I’m in a cruising situation. I can throw the car into N while on the highway and it will make the noise and the sound speeds up the faster the car is rolling. The noise is substantial as well.

I’ve lifted the car and rolled the wheels around and I don’t hear a thing. It’s a 2009 DSG with 40k miles.

I hope that it will be covered under warranty if it's the diff or transmission. However if they want to void my warranty they have plenty of reasons to do so.
Any intelligent ideas?

JamDawg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI 4 DOOR
lol, any not so intelligent ideas?

I just replaced the Driver side axle today and it still has the same issue. Yeah, time to throw more money and time at it. Passanger side axle next.

After that, it goes to the dealership.