GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

After a weekend...

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it took me a weekend to do my brakes. I have done probably 6-8 brake jobs with Meat, so I know how to do them, but his bolts were already broken loose. Anyways, the 4 rear M14 bolts took me all of sunday to brake loose. I did 3 hours of liquid wrench, 3 hours of PB and then after some research did 1.5 hrs of "the home brew" consisting of ATF and Acetone. I don't know which one was the largest help, but I was finally able to brake them loose with help from my 2' jack handle extension. They sounded like death!

So I upgraded the jetta brakes to the GTI by means of the Ate Premium One rotors all around with Hawk HPS up front and their Ceramics in the back. I also added the G2 yellow caliper paint. Painting was most of 2 hours on saturday with an additional 2 hours of wire brush and cleaning to prep for paint. Here are some updated pictures, sorry for the terrible point and shoot.

[/url]
P1080490 by Mean_Jetta, on Flickr

P1080485 by Mean_Jetta, on Flickr

[/url] P1080486 by Mean_Jetta, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
Yea, I didn't want the red and there really wasn't any other color I thought would look good. I really like the yellow.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Looks good man. Love the tails and wheels.

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
Thanks I'm really liking it as well!

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I had mine professionally painted a flat black color. I was charged about $280 well worth it imo

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
I just got a second kit for it. There was enough paint to cover it, but not to properly finish them. Total was $65. I didn't want flat black only because it didn't stand out enough in my opinion and would blend in too much.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I think he was talking about the window trim.

My buddy vinyl'd his chrome window trim. IIRC, only 2006 Jetta's had the chrome trim around the windows.

I like the yellow calipers too though. And those wheels.:wub: Are they 5x112?

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
I think he was talking about the window trim.

My buddy vinyl'd his chrome window trim. IIRC, only 2006 Jetta's had the chrome trim around the windows.

I like the yellow calipers too though. And those wheels.:wub: Are they 5x112?

Yes, they are.

And you may be correct... lol I will have to look into it. Though there are a couple of small quarter size circles where the clear seems to be pealing up.

The car looks amazing for sure.

Thanks! A lot of time and effort

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
Haha! Thanks Greg! Yea, that is exactly what I wanted to match lol, but it does go rather well. It was either that or purple, Haha!

Glad to see you're still around! The new whip is going well? Haven't seen many updates.