GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S3 intercooler VS Godspeed V2

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
Updated with logs 6-24-2012 -scroll down!
Updated 6-19-2012 -scroll down!

So most of you are well aware of the S3 intercooler which is $289 currently from ECS. This is the cheapest I've found so far. I plan on reusing the stock tubing as it fits perfectly from what I've seen.

----------------------------------------

The Godspeed V2 is supposed to be a knockoff looking APR/Eurojet (although I'm pretty sure it was released before eurojet). The V2 intercooler is supposed to be larger than the S3 intercooler, but smaller than the APR. It's currently on sale for $422 shipped on ebay.

This is the only feedback I have seen of a person who owns the V2:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=407613#post407613
I'm the one who has this intercooler on the vortex. I had nothing short of amazing luck with it. The fitment issues I had weren't with the intercooler itself, it was mainly the adapter from a hose to the stock TOP (similar to what APR sells you with their kit). I had to file the one tab down a little bit on this adapter to get the clip to snap everything together. The other issue was the one bolt on the side of the IC that holds the A/C condenser lines I couldn't get to line up. With more tools and time I could have gotten that to work but that one screw wasn't a big deal. Besides this, the thing fit amazing and performs awesome as well. I would recommend it to anyone. If anyone on here has a vag-com in Cleveland I would be up to run some logs as I don't have one.

----

Update 6-19-2012

Pictures from yesterday

---

Updated 6-24-2012

I was not able to do the logs the same day as hard as I tried. Godspeed logs were one day after the stock logs.
Godspeed logs were done after 2 hours of highway and city driving. The godspeed logs aren't the best because
of traffic or other things. After I saw a cop get off the same exit I did and get behind me, I called it a day...
The IC was not even warm after these runs.

Last edited:
Car(s)
Subaru
id just go with the s3. im not sure if the gs one is better or not, but it cant be $150 better. you could do the v1 gs and s3 for a little more and you wont have heat soaking when you arent moving and it will be better than the apr one. of course youll have those that would rather pay the premium for the companies that need to pay for the r&d of that product and future products, but not everyone has an extra $600 to donate to said company for future products and to help cover that product.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
I'd first like to say, if you have nothing useful to add to this thread (like ViRtUaLheretic) then please don't post here. Simply dismiss this thread.

So most of you are well aware of the S3 intercooler which is $289 currently from ECS. This is the cheapest I've found so far. I plan on reusing the stock tubing as it fits perfectly from what I've seen.

----------------------------------------

The Godspeed V2 is supposed to be a knockoff looking APR/Eurojet (although I'm pretty sure it was released before eurojet). The V2 intercooler is supposed to be larger than the S3 intercooler, but smaller than the APR. It's currently on sale for $422 shipped on ebay.

This is the only feedback I have seen of a person who owns the V2:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=407613#post407613

I'll tell you I was in the same EXACT situation as you... I chose the S3 though.

I went with the S3 as the safe choice. There are logs of the S3 that have magnificent results for Stage1&2 cars. The S3 is an OEM part and therefore designed for reliability and probably has some kind of R&D.

I think there is a definite possibility that the GS v2 IC will actually perform better though because its simply larger. I would like somebody to purchase it and have a detailed review, I think it'd benefit the forum.

In Florida my S3 IC has held up magnificent, It pulls like its 50 degrees out all the time and consistently. It will also flow a little bit better than the stock IC even though its larger. I remember my S3 IC seeming like it was huge, I would love to see a side by side shot of both these IC's to get a good size comparison.

Bottom line, If you're willing to risk it for a potentially better performing IC then get the Godspeed v2. You would be the first to have a review of it on this site. I've heard good things about the Godspeed v1 IC but no real logs or solid performance results.

If you want a proven, consistent performer with OEM quality... get the S3. I just wouldn't be able to deal with having eBay parts on my car. I liked having an OEM option that has proven performance and is relatively cheap.

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
Well I got in touch with vwgti2.0t (the guy who owns the V2) and I'll probably be meeting up with him in a few weeks to do some logs. He's running a k04 so this should determine whether the V2 is better than the s3 or similar. He's not getting any heatsoak on the V2, but I want to find the deltaT between ambient and airtemp.

Here's a tuned k04 with s3 for comparison.

www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142094

I did a few logs today to check out how the S3 IC is holding up to the K04. I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought with the 20+ psi it would struggle worse than it is.

This plot is the 3rd consecutive WOT run. I used the exact same procedure as I did in my first S3 IC thread: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140139

• With Stage II on the stock IC, intake temps were 10-14 *C above ambient at WOT.
  • With Stage II on the S3 IC, intake temps were 6-8 *C above ambient at WOT.
  • With K04 on the S3 IC, intake temps are 9-11 *C above ambient at WOT.

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
MKV727, for 6 months or so I was set on purchasing the godspeed and logging it against the APR IC. I knew it wasn't going to be as good, but I wanted to see the performance for the $$$.

The past couple days I've been set on purchasing the S3 simply because the 90 degree heat here in dayton is ridiculous. But I want something that will be able to at least handle the k04 well. The s3 seems to do fine, but if I can have better for a tiny bit more than why not :biggrin: I'm SO close to just taking the dive on the V2 just so that everyone can finally have some data for this IC.

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
90 degree "heat"?
Pff
But I'm interested in the comparison. I really need one...
I was looking into the S3

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
MKV727, for 6 months or so I was set on purchasing the godspeed and logging it against the APR IC. I knew it wasn't going to be as good, but I wanted to see the performance for the $$$.

The past couple days I've been set on purchasing the S3 simply because the 90 degree heat here in dayton is ridiculous. But I want something that will be able to at least handle the k04 well. The s3 seems to do fine, but if I can have better for a tiny bit more than why not :biggrin: I'm SO close to just taking the dive on the V2 just so that everyone can finally have some data for this IC.

I encourage you to buy it, I've wanted data on it for a while.

My hope is that somebody that's a K04 or a GT28rs will log the GS V1 w/ the S3 as well. I'm curious about lag vs heat soak decrease to decide whether or not the set up is worth the time.

Be aware that this install is a PITA no matter which stock location IC you decide to purchase.

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
So I drove around today and pretty much logged my entire drive. I had to pick up something from walmart, so I decided to get on the pedal a bit and do some pulls.

Ambient temp was 30C.
IC was fine for a couple pulls, stayed around 33C.
After having fun for a while, IC was at about 40C, then 50C.
Here's the best looking pull of one of the last pulls I did.

What you don't see is the number climbings to 53C as you continue driving around the city normally.
The less vaccum, the better the temperatures.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
So I drove around today and pretty much logged my entire drive. I had to pick up something from walmart, so I decided to get on the pedal a bit and do some pulls.

Ambient temp was 30C.
IC was fine for a couple pulls, stayed around 33C.
After having fun for a while, IC was at about 40C, then 50C.
Here's the best looking pull of one of the last pulls I did.

What you don't see is the number climbings to 53C as you continue driving around the city normally.
The less vaccum, the better the temperatures.

What IC is this?

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
This is the stock IC on my 08 wolfsburg.

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
Yeah, I'm unitronic stage 2 (no HPFP). The stock IC definitely has a tougher time keeping up with the power.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
I had the s3 on my gti, it was okay. I installed the v2 on my buddies mk6 and it was perfect. It was a good quality core too to be honest. I would go for Godspeed instead of s3.

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
Godspeed V2 purchased :happyanim: