GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disconnect negative terminal?

Jedy617

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW R32 #2280
Hey guys, I am installing an air intake and the instructions say to disconnect the negative battery terminal... but how do you do it? I assume you have to go through the trunk?

Thumb_Thumbs

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I am installing an air intake and the instructions say to disconnect the negative battery terminal... but how do you do it? I assume you have to go through the trunk?

It's a pain in the ass to disconnect the battery terminal. To be honest it's not worth the gains of an intake.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
It's this one (the black one).

Take that shit off with a wrench and viola, the negative terminal is off.

Edit* just so you know thats not a picture of your battery, and yes your battery is in the hatch

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
Car(s)
.:R32

You can just go in ur trunk and disconnect, but i am not sure if that is necessary.

sent from my thunderbolt

Jedy617

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW R32 #2280
:lol:

if you couldnt figure that out then BEWARE of the intake.

Believe me, I am having no problem at all with the intake besides the fact I do not have security torx bits. There wasn't really anything to figure out, just confirming what I thought before beginning.

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Believe me, I am having no problem at all with the intake besides the fact I do not have security torx bits. There wasn't really anything to figure out, just confirming what I thought before beginning.

Cheers, its all good. Though I never disconnected my battery terminal. Then again I bought my intake used with no instructions.