GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 4 Gti vs Full bolt ons 335i

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
My buddy and I went out for a bit and did some runs, his 335i has JB4 G5 tune, FBO + Meth and 50/50 e85/93 and I was only running my 93oct prog. I knew I wasn't going to win but we didn't know how close it would be! I'm over all happy with the out come, I thought I would get walked completely but only pulled me by a little.

Ill get videos up once they get posted soon.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
What kind of numbers is the 335i putting down?

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Here is one more

http://youtu.be/ycOmLSmpW-U

Not as close, I think my car was gettin to warm? Idk, still fun!

Up top the lack of displacement in our 2.0L and other inherent disadvantages start showing up.

With an APR stage 4 car though, you shouldn't be seeing many tail lights unless you're running modded C6 Z06, ZR1s, E90/92 335s w/ work done and forced induction mustangs.

For the amount of money put into that car you got a good deal, I'd love to have a built motor that was done at APR HQ.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Thing looks like a jet fighter. Nice runs.

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
Im still beyond happy with the deal I got, I'm in no way upset about the lost, I know the work that was done to the 335i b/c I did more than half of it for him.

Had a blast! I have a couple other buddies with a VRT stripped corrado and a heavly modded STI, those should be coming sometime soon!

All in all I love it, no complaints!

fastgti69

M3 Eater

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
Yup thats my buddies 335i. APR built the car as a turn key operation, not as a street monster. They originally went with a gt3071r but felt there was just to much lag for the kit, which is why they went with the gt2871r, it has an over all better application the GTI. I'm not claiming i can destroy his 335i by any means, I feel I can run with them when I get my 104+ oct and figure out the WOT box, i only JUST discovered I had it the other day when I asked the previous owner what it was. I have the complete story backed up by APR in an email which is what I'm going off of.

I'm having transmission issues currently, bad syncros and when we ran i had a bad air filter and the plugs needed to be changed. Im not saying because of those I lost its just another thing that was holding the GTI back. Hopefully on the 1st I can procure some race gas and see what happens. We also do not have a dynojet around here which is why I haven't takin' it to a dyno.

The previous owner wasn't what you would call a "car guy" he had money so he bought it i spose, he's a good guy just not a car guy, so when I got it I knew instantly what was wrong with it and slowly discovered other small things. She ain't perfect by any means but she sure does get the job done!

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
That BMW in the race on bimmer boost, his signature said 10s coming soon. If that BMW is in the 11s that thing is fast as hellncuz the fastest bt setup on here is running like 11.4-5 and its like a gt35 or something big as hell

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Yup thats my buddies 335i. APR built the car as a turn key operation, not as a street monster. They originally went with a gt3071r but felt there was just to much lag for the kit, which is why they went with the gt2871r, it has an over all better application the GTI. I'm not claiming i can destroy his 335i by any means, I feel I can run with them when I get my 104+ oct and figure out the WOT box, i only JUST discovered I had it the other day when I asked the previous owner what it was. I have the complete story backed up by APR in an email which is what I'm going off of.

I'm having transmission issues currently, bad syncros and when we ran i had a bad air filter and the plugs needed to be changed. Im not saying because of those I lost its just another thing that was holding the GTI back. Hopefully on the 1st I can procure some race gas and see what happens. We also do not have a dynojet around here which is why I haven't takin' it to a dyno.

The previous owner wasn't what you would call a "car guy" he had money so he bought it i spose, he's a good guy just not a car guy, so when I got it I knew instantly what was wrong with it and slowly discovered other small things. She ain't perfect by any means but she sure does get the job done!

Thank you for the clarification. I was sure that it was on the conservative side from other videos I've seen of that application lol. It will be a big difference with the 104, he'll have trouble. Hopefully you get that trans fixed asap. As long as the car is running fine you got a great car!

That BMW in the race on bimmer boost, his signature said 10s coming soon. If that BMW is in the 11s that thing is fast as hellncuz the fastest bt setup on here is running like 11.4-5 and its like a gt35 or something big as hell

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes his 335 is very fast, but talking about 1/4 mile in a roll race doesn't really show the full story. The GTI can have a slower 1/4 mile time but a higher trap speed. In a roll race that GTI would win. Usually hard to compare RWD vs FWD 1/4 mile time cause FWD has disadvantages with time when you're above 400whp. Both cars are capable of 120 trap speeds.