GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KO4 taunting me

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
*updated w logs* KO4 taunting me

4 days untill my install and had a dream about racing someone with it already lol. Funny thing is I hardly ever open the car up on public roads but people here have been driving like morons lately. Other day guy came out of a driveway and almost hit me head on and I literally had to flick the car and partially drift around him to avoid the accident. Guess ill keep the racing in my dreams ;)

UPDATE:
Logs look beautiful. Very happy. I see no need in purchasing the forge wga. GIAC agreed. Cheers enjoy.
http://db.tt/ZQE6aJlo

Last edited:

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
i'll race you :evil: ...

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
hows the giac extreme file?
live up to the name?

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
still waiting on the tune ... i currently have the high output race file ...

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
lol, installing yourself?
Yes for the most part. My VW Audi tech boys will be helping me, letting me use on of their lifts ect.

i'll race you :evil: ...

Lol. I figure I'm still down at least like 40HP and lbft on your current race tune forget about when your custom one is done. I said it for years a tuned ko4 with rods will be a beast of a machine. Can't wait to hear your results when the tune is completed. Still my car won't be slow. With my other supporting mods I'm calculating conservatively like 365HP andlbft or so. That's a 8lbs per HP ratio which is still very fast, faster if it equal with many other sport sedans, like new m3s , c63, ect.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Yes for the most part. My VW Audi tech boys will be helping me, letting me use on of their lifts ect.

Lol. I figure I'm still down at least like 40HP and lbft on your current race tune forget about when your custom one is done. I said it for years a tuned ko4 with rods will be a beast of a machine. Can't wait to hear your results when the tune is completed. Still my car won't be slow. With my other supporting mods I'm calculating conservatively like 365HP andlbft or so. That's a 8lbs per HP ratio which is still very fast, faster if it equal with many other sport sedans, like new m3s , c63, ect.

i think we'll be equal on hp and tq until i get that extreme tune. its just the h/o file for 100 oct ... how come youre not doing rods? ... i think you probably have a better power to weight ratio than me. cause '06 gti's are heavier than later models. eladio corner balanced the car about 2 months ago. and the car weighs 3404 lbs with me inside ...

i read in a different thread, that you werent gonna run the 100 oct file everyday. how come? because of the rods? (if yes, you know i ran the k04 without rods for a yr. and was autocrossing with the race file.)

have you seen were the guys are gonna move to next month? ...

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I run the race file daily now and I don't want to have to deal with warming the car up ect. Even still with my other mods(w/m catless dp, ect) I should be close power wise to the the 100octane file while just running the pump file. I will try it in race file and see how I like it.
The new shop is at the beginning of the building, 8 lifts should be sweet.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh I didn't d rods because I want to keep this my daily driver and am looking at a golf r for a toy. Also I m probaly moving to california soon so also looking at a tiguan or new allroad possibly

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I think they said 10 lifts ... Aren't u gonna have issues in California with ur exhaust and all the stuff you've done to ur car? ...

The car felt weak when I only ran 91 oct ... But once I started using wm and the race file. The k04 became a beast ...

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah your rightg 10 lifts. I'm going to keep house here and residence so my cars will still have nv plates. I'm still going to run wm and the ecu should adapt up to like 96 octane or so. Going to run a few riends with cars that have similar power to weight ratios. I will see howi do against them on the pump file ad the racefile and see how big the difference is when I change files. Its really no big deal for me to let the car warm up another 2 min if is going add another 30whp but ifmy ecu adapts to my dp and wm and I only see minimal gain when I switch. But from what I have seen the hammer file on 100 octane is good for close to 400 hp which is just a beast in oir little 3200lb cars and if that's the case ill run race file daily providing it runs just like my current race fiile

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
yup, but you also need a 3 inch intake to run the extreme tune ...

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Not doing rods so don't have to worry about the extreme tune

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
2 more days ...