GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

USGP 2012: Pics and Vids

lollypopking

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI 5dr
I guess its about time to stop being lazy and post some pictures from USGP. My dad and I made the trip for the weekend and stayed at a friends house (the hotel's were stupid expensive). I've been to several motorsports events in the past (autoX, touring car, forumlaD, NASCAR, etc.) but this was by far the most impressive on so many levels. It was a dream of mine to see an F1 was race in the flesh for so many years and I always thought I'd have to go to another country. Thank you COTA!

The track was also pretty nice even though much of the pedestrian areas might be unfinished (not sure). The most amazing thing was how fast the bus lines moved during the mass exodus everyday of 60k - 80k people heading in the same direction. CHeck out the link for all my pics and vids, but hear are some highlights:

Shot with only a Canon point and shoot and my iphone :iono:

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/lollypopking04/USGP 2012/

lollypopking

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI 5dr
An observation deck/water slide from hell:eyebulge:

You'd pay a fee to climb up that monster and catch a birds eye'd view of the event. During the race that tiny space was packed tight!

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I had the best time at the event, sat at turn 12. We rented a house which saved us a lot. Here's a few pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355232753.869269.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355232803.003280.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355232824.804087.jpg

Go Kimi!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355232842.554173.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355232875.220597.jpg

lollypopking

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI 5dr
I had the best time at the event, sat at turn 12. We rented a house which saved us a lot. Here's a few pics.

Did you see the winning pass down the back straight? bet those stands erupted

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I did, Hamilton was working, working, working, inching bit by bit, it was life changing to see, hear and feel the cars as they pass...