GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Delrin bushings for Aftermarket pendulum mount $40 shipped

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Delrin pendulum mount bushings

I made these bushings out of delrin to replace the polyurethane bushings that came with the BSH pendulum mounts. Over time, the polyurethane degrades from being exposed to oil, road salt, heat and vibration and can eventually crack or completely disentegrate if not caught in time. This can lead to the failure of the pendulum mount. Delrin is a very durable material and is harder than the polyurethane, which translates into better response due to less engine movement. These bushings come with a "short" and a "tall" bushing like the original BSH bushings. If you order replacement polyurethane from BSH, they now send two "short" bushings which leaves a gap between the bushings inside the mount.

I would eventually like to make delrin replacements for both side engine mounts, so if there is enough demand for those as well, I will look into making a full delrin bushing set.

Bushings are for sale for $40 shipped in the U.S., $45 shipped to Canada

Edit 1: I've found that these bushings will in-fact the SPM and VF pendulum mounts with minor sanding of the part of the bushing that is pressed into the mount (2mm of sanding). Fitment is still drop-in for BSH mounts

Edit 2: When installing, I've found that wrapping the metal insert that slides inside of the bushings with one layer of electrical tape (square cut, not overlapping) helps tighten fitment. When they were cut, we could only get a .750" ID on the bushings when the metal insert measures .740". The .010" gap isnt much and most people dont notice it, but a small layer of tape is enough to take up the .010 and make for a very tight fit

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
I'd be interested in a full set as well.

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
interested as well

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
In for delrin motor/trans mounts.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I'd be more than happy to review them for you, but it'll be a while until the car is ready :lol: