GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rear vw logo removal?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Anyone figure out how to remove the rear vw logo from the car? Either the chrome from the handle or even harder the handle from the car. I want to paint it.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
"He figured out a way with my costco card to pry and work around the emblem and it comes off.The emblem has a bunch of small clips on the back of it.Just take your time and it will come off.If you dont have a costco card the mebership is around $30-40 dollars." -vw4sport

i didnt know how to properly move a quote from another section, but that came from: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18346&postcount=7

i hope that helped ya m8 ;)

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah, I remember that thread but I wasn't sure if that was for the front or rear. I have taken the front off and the clips are on there gooood. Just wondered if there was a differant way on the back.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
i tried it with a card and i couldnt get it off. just before trying i took off my back gti emblem wiht a blow dryer so i decided to use that on the VW emblem and it actually popped off with ease. and after i painted it, it just popped right back in. quite simple.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So you just heated the logo up huh.......I will try that, thanks. I already have the rest painted just need to do the back one.

1sickgti

FaSt MkV
if u dont want paint r-vinyl has sample stickers 2 sq. ft any color put it on wet or dry cut it with a hobby knive if done right looks clean

Dr. Burgle

Ready to race!
I got just the emblem off the back with a laminated card that didn't bend real easy. Like it says above it is held on with a bunch of little clips.

jescarabt

NY Dub Chickkk
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
i did my back and front badges..the back i took completely off, because i was removing the rear wiper at the time anyway..lol..the did black background, and pretty pretty closely color matched the VW badge to my car color...looks good, will take pix this weekend!:thumbup:

jkbdfrd

Found his money pit
Car(s)
08 CW
how do you get the right paint? as in the right shade or whatever