GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

crash.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
5 Car accident.
My notes on the accident... to help the insurance company.

Thursday, october 25, 2007
incident occured around early 6pm.

Driver: me
Passenger: Michael xxxx

Location: Intersection of First Street and Rockville Pike, Maryland.

I was first in a turn lane while the traffic light was red. A vehicle was to my right, and a vehicle was behind me at the time.
Passenger and I noticed a black Pontiac Grand Am traveling at a high rate of speed in the opposite direction, in the near distance. Grand Am ran the red light, collided with an intersecting vehicle (Lexus), hydroplaned into my vehicle (2007 VW GTI), hit the vehicle(Unknown) to my right, and caused my vehicle to pivot 45degrees to the right, causing me to collide with the vehicle(VW Passat) behind me.

Damage: When Black Grand Am collided with us, the vehicle hit us in the front, causing the whole front of the vehicle to crumple in. When my vehicle pivoted and caused me to collide with the vehicle behind me, the passenger door was dented in enough to cause inaccessability through the passenger door.

Vehicle Errors: Airbags in the VW GTI did not deploy for passenger

Injuries: I sustained a right knee abrasial causing me to limp walk. Passenger, Michael xxxx suffered a bruise/cut below his right knee and sustained head pain throughout the ordeal.

yup. 2nd gti gone. i swear, that 19yr old female (black grand am) is going to pay in court. ass monkey complained about a cut on her left leg throughout the whole ambulance ride.... the babies in the first car (lexus) are okay, and everyone else is good to go. Though, the teenager in the third car she hit had to be xrayed along with us.

safe happened.

Last edited:

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
DaMN MAN! that sux. a second time now!?!

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
dude, dont give up on the VW. really sorry to hear about that though. especially after all that work for the spacers. and im sure that chick will be paying for quite a bit, its bad enough when you gotta take care of one car and yourself, but shes gotta add 3 more cars to that

andkgood

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
do you guys have a switch for the airbag to turn it on and off in a gti?

cause in my r32 the passenger airbag was turned off on default and
i had to turn it on myself.

did your airbags just not work or what.

glad everyone is safe.
eff that girl.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Damn Tom, sorry to hear about this. Best thing is that neither you or your passenger were hurt. What's next car-wise? or is it too soon to think that far yet? Hope everything sorts itself out.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
I could not take pictures because the ambulance took us away so fast. :|

I don't know if the damage is repairable yet. The vehicle just got towed to Herson's Honda in Rockville. Now, I'm not sure why they did that especially if I recommended the VW dealership across the street from where I got hit from lol.

I'll talk with my insurance company today about that.

I don't want to think too far ahead, but I found a 2002 BMW 325ci with 32,000 miles on it. Has sport package and is manual, for $18,750.
Again, I'm not looking at cars seriously... just seeing what is out there.

Thanks everyone for your concern.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
dude, dont give up on the VW. really sorry to hear about that though. especially after all that work for the spacers. and im sure that chick will be paying for quite a bit, its bad enough when you gotta take care of one car and yourself, but shes gotta add 3 more cars to that

and other citations... speeding, running redlight, endangering other motorists, etc. just a little add bonus the officer told me :laugh:

:mad:

ryaaannnn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 Nissan Xterra S
sorry about the accident tom.. but yeah, sue that bitch and get an r32. thats what my cousin did when some drunk fuck crashed her rabbit.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
and other citations... speeding, running redlight, endangering other motorists, etc. just a little add bonus the officer told me :laugh:

:mad:

not to mention prolly the worst offense shes facing, child endangerment. because of the babies in the first car she hit. basically she's fawked

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Wow, sorry to hear. Thank God VW's are safe vehicles. I'm glad everyone is okay though. This is the western shore of MD right?

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
damn tom i think you should just give up on cars altogether and get a monster truck