GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why hate on the red stripe?

08AhdowbanGTI

Ready to race!
Why do i see more and more people taking the red stripe off of their MKV? Isnt this a line that distinguishes the GTI from the other VW's out on the road? I just think the car looks like it loses so much when this is removed.

OPINIONS?

Lucidity

Marx
I think it looks a lot better without it.

Here's my car with everything flat black.

kuipert

Car(s)
2005 GTI DSG
Yes it does, but make your car look different than the stock, you have to change something.
The red stripe is so "eye catching" as stock, people want to change it.
So do I.
But most people do not want to get rid of the red stripe, just change it.

McRibb

Ready to race!
I think the car gains a lot by color matching it to my CW

ruffellprefley

get it?
Car(s)
08 GTI
just bought the gt grille and it has no red stripe. but it DOES have a stripe piece that goes around the lower grille. so i might make a red stripe that would be around the outside of the entire shield piece and continue it down around the bottom of the lower grille.

edit:

kind of like this pic (thanks SoNgMaN)

Lucidity

Marx
just bought the gt grille and it has no red stripe. but it DOES have a stripe piece that goes around the lower grille. so i might make a red stripe that would be around the outside of the entire shield piece and continue it down around the bottom of the lower grille.

I thought about doing that with mine, it just looks so clean and mean right now I decided to just leave it all black.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I don't get it either I :wub: red stripe

:rolleyes:

I thought about making the line on the front of my car blue.. but then said f' it.. too much work

08AhdowbanGTI

Ready to race!
I have to disagree i think that when the hood of the car is carbon fiber and the black insert along with the red line continue up onto the hood. looks so complete on CW

Car(s)
2009 GTI
i really. dont like the red stripe or really the grill. i know hate on me. ive seen some gti's with jetta fronts and thats the way im leaning. sorry.

dont hate.