GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hancock: opinions and reviews **SPOILER WARNING**

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
I've been anticipating this movie for a while.. not as much as batman, but i'm glad there are movies i wanna see coming out to hold me off until "the dark knight"... doesn't help that all the newer movies have the preview for it though.

First of all... :thumb: This movie rocked IMO. :rock:

Just got back from seeing it.

Took the super-hero genre to another spectrum. I liked the non-typical way of telling the story, and how they became super-heroes.

Will Smith, once again, did an excellent job. I can't watch "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and then think that this is the same guy from "I, Robot", "Pursuit of Happyness", "I Am Legend", "Hitch", etc. He's come a long way. I like the way he adapts to the movies genre, but always manages to bring in some comedic relief.

The previews definitely threw me off. I figured I knew pretty much what the movie was going to be about: Apathetic super-"hero" has powers, cares about people, but doesn't interact well with them. He gets a PR and changes image, bad guy shows up, he becomes a true hero. The End.

Not like that at all....

for those who don't care I'll summarize the story:

**SPOILER WARNING**
**SPOILER WARNING**

Hancock is a person with super powers. He helps people, but manages to cause millions of dollars in damage when he does "help". He doesn't interact well with them. Public Relations guy comes into the story: Ray. He is a PR who isn't doing well. He gets caught on train tracks, and Hancock saves him, while, once again, managing to cause damage. Grateful, Ray offers to give him free PR advice, and volunteers to be his PR guy. He invites him for dinner where his wife, Mary (Theron) is acting rather odd.. I picked up some sort of past between them, but Hancock didn't reciprocate the feeling/vibe, so i ignored it and figured she didn't like him.

Los Angeles is mad cause he's causing a lot of damages. The have a warrant out for his arrest. PR guys suggests that he turn himself in. Hancock goes to jail... starts learning to interact with people with the help of Ray. Weeks pass and finally Ray's plan works... Chief of Police calls for Hancock's help. Hancock saves people from bank robbery and chops off villain's hand.

Hancock, Ray, and his wife go to dinner to celebrate. Ray comes home drunk, Hancock and Mary exchange a kiss, and he realizes his hand is bruised.. she flies, yes, that's right, flies and throws him (literally) out of the house. She has powers too. (completely threw me off the story line). She threatens him to not tell Ray.

They talk and Hancock knows something happened between them. Hancock and Mary have a literal fight and trash an L.A. street. It happens to be that they are married, and because they are immortal, they've been together for thousands of years. When they near each other they lose their powers.

So, every-time that they're near they try and kill Hancock through her (in the past) same thing happens this time. While this is happening the villain who Hancock chopped off his hand, escapes. Hancock gets shot since he's turning mortal from being around Mary. He goes to hospital where they shoot mary and him, they both are dying, or even at one point, dead.

The farther they are from each other, the more immortal they become he jumps out the building then progressively, and struggling, gets farther away from the building, therefore bringing her to life. They decide to part ways, and let Hancock be a super-hero (his true calling.)

The End.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars, and two thumbs up!