GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I removed my suitcase muffler

dooglaz

Ready to race!
I just cut off my suitcase muffler in preparation for receiving an oem R32 muffler. I have to say it sound pretty good with just the resonator on there. Not to loud, quiet at idle and I was cruising at 70 on the freeway with out any drone. IMO it sounds the same as the other catback systems I've heard on youtube. I'm sure you can easily cut off the suitcase and put whatever axleback configuration you like and achieve the same sound as a aftermarket catback. Here's a youtube clip and I have one more still loading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSFMMpHXt5Q

power-san

Ready to race!
Sounds great..
Birmingham.. Nice I was hanging out down there on Friday night..
I went to Brooklyn Pizza downtown.. it's pretty good stuff..

dooglaz

Ready to race!
Thanks. It was funny I was crossing over woodward during the cruise today and some guy in a 67 or 68 camaro was taking pictures of my car and giving me thumbs up.

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
Car(s)
2007 Black Magic GTI
So what did you put in place of the suitcase muffler?

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^ Can't speak for the OP, but most add an .:R exhaust for aesthetics (center pipes :drool:) not performance. CBE's don't do much performance wise anyway.

dooglaz

Ready to race!
^ like he said it's just cosmetic. I just want the tips in the center. I don't think it will make much difference sound wise.

curiouskyle16

Ready to race!
hmm... do any of you guys think that the car would be rediculously loud with no resonator and no suitcase muffler? because if it will give me some actual performance gain (which makes sense because i can imagine the suitcase muffler to be restrictive) then i will do it and post up videos and stuff of it...