GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Race car - Pics

rsphil

Ready to race!
I have been browsing on here for a while soaking in all the pictures of peoples awesome cars and finally settled on how I wanted my race car to look...I hope you like?!

The car is being put together to run in Class D (3-4000cc)..i get hit with a 1.8:1 ratio due to the Turbo!! of the UAE Touring Car Championship and should be ready in the next week or so for its first shakedown test....

Its been done the right way and has some cool bits on it... So far I have fully stripped and gutted the car - seam welded and stitch welded relevant bits. I have a full weld in Custom Cages roll cage (so cool!), VF engine/trans mounts, a full set of Proflex Black bushes and some super cool AST Three-way boingers!! For stopping I have some monster AP's...All sorts of other bits like a quaiffe diff etc but you will all get bored reading. Suffice to say it should be great fun.

Thats to the guys at Regal Autosport and APR for all the great help and advice in getting it done. They both can clearly stand and up and say they know what they are doing when it comes to racing these things...

Some pictures for you as it stands today...

I will post up some more when I get a bit further through it :thumbsup:

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
So Cool...

So so so cool!

I'd so daily drive that biatch :biggrin:

What engine mods you runnin'?

BT? Flash?

Looks like your runnin' two different tyres on there?

also whats the specs on the wheels?

Don't worry about boring us with this stuff, we love it! we'r probably the only people who won't switch off when you start talking about PCV issues and DV replacements :biggrin:

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
wow never seen a fully stripped interior before
that looks awesome
what other mods have u done?
have u actually raced it yet?
what sort of results r u getting
MORE INFO NEEDED! :thumbsup:

rsphil

Ready to race!
WOW - Thanks guys....

I will get some more pictures sorted in the next few days as I get some more work done...Apologies for the pictures posted - not taken by me ;-)

Tyres - I know they are odd...just items to get the thing rolling! Slicks will be fitted for the races - Control Dunlop tyre!

Wheels are Team Dynamic items - Recommended by the guys at Regal for their weight and ability to take a thumping on the curbs..

Engine - All stock apart from a filter and a 250Bhp re-map at the moment. Full KO4 kit in the wings waiting to be fiited - aiming for a reliable 350Bhp to stay competitive. Plan is to get it to stop and go round corners before throwing the power at it.

I have a plumbed in Fire Extinguisher, Brake Bias control valve, STACK data logger, Lexan windows with NACA ducts (not fitted yet) window nets and a couple of other bits on the car...really please so far and itching to get out on the track.

2.0TFSI

Turbo Bunny
Car(s)
Candy White Golf GTI
Very nice car.. i don't mind driving all the way from oman too see u at the Autodrome.. ur working with which garage in Dubai?? MTM??..

join the the VW Audi Club UAE if u want..

http://vwaudiclubuae.portbb.com/

POLARBEAR666

Ready to race!
Last time it was on the scales it was about 1100kg - Got some more ideas to pull some weight out...like ditching the dashboard and replacing some panels with carbon items...

Were there any parts of the car that you removed where you went
"WOAH that was much heavier than it looks"

My car is on a diet atm. I need to figure out where to strip more weight. I am down 68kg atm.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Haha, i recon polar is moist, he loves stripped cars :lol:

You thought about carbon fenders? there a bit wider aswell as i recall...

Also, i imagine that rear hatch emblem etc is rather heavy!

Also, i bet honeycomb is pretty heavy in comparison to mesh, a few KG to save there!

annnndd, you could get rid of the GTI sides, some weight to lose there!

:biggrin:

rsphil

Ready to race!
Were there any parts of the car that you removed where you went
"WOAH that was much heavier than it looks"

My car is on a diet atm. I need to figure out where to strip more weight. I am down 68kg atm.

The doors were scary heavy - I would recommend doing what I have done there though...I have basically gone round scrapping all of the weld putty off...drilling out the spot welds for all the non relevant parts like the rear seat mech - the bracing inside the wheel well...the runners and mountings for the seats...stripped the bumpers as much as possible...inner wings...everything from behind the dash..no heater or A/C left...all the dials, buttons, switchs all gone etc the list goes on and on...

I am building the car with the help of my sponsor Polimar/Exoto Tifosi and Gulf Sport (Radical Championship)...Gary and Andy at Gulf Sport are being great and dedicating time every night to get it finished - speaking of which...im off to tinker!

more pictures to follow.