GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tracking Helmets.

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
Hey guys,

I want to get into tracking, but I was wondering if I could get advice from some of you who have tracked before and have some knowledge.

The most basic thing that I figure im going to need is a helmet. Any suggestions? I don't need something fancy, just something that will do its job and satisfy the guidelines set forth.

Also, I've heard that some people aren't happy with the stock seat belts because it still allows the driver to slide around a bit, I read a trick that many have done by pulling on the seat belt and have it pull taught by the safety mechanism while the driver is in the seat, essentially "locking" them in tighter.

Any other suggestions for belts?

thanks guys!

AnteaterEMT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 UG GTI

AnteaterEMT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 UG GTI
No problem playa playa

Quicker10u

Pwned by P90x until....
Car(s)
06' GTI
Any SA2005 Helmet will do..Stick with the major manufacturers..I prefer Bell, Arai, or Stand21. However, for just lapping days, a basic Bell M3 or HJC will do..

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
well i don't autoX just drag race, whatever approval it has is good at the drag strip. it's really a nice helmet, it was $40 because they were trying to get rid of them.

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
lots of drag strips only require DOT

track days will require a snell rated helmet
thanks for the help!
Knew i would find you in this thread!
i bought a snowmobile helmet at wal mart. it's acceptible for racing too. $40
thanks!
Any SA2005 Helmet will do..Stick with the major manufacturers..I prefer Bell, Arai, or Stand21. However, for just lapping days, a basic Bell M3 or HJC will do..

awesome, i'll look one up and post a link for it!

07Noside

Banned