GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 GTI vs Turbo Cobalt(Video)

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
umm the gti was the camera car (GTI lost). so we need stage 3 and skip the k04 part.

just looked again. I hate racing videos when its just a set of fucking lights in a sea of black.

OP was the KO4 tuned properly? what kit was it? Any dyno numbers? I'd like the complete picture here.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
eurojet k04 kit
apr software
apr hpfp
apr 3" rsc? exhaust
apr intercooler
i know he went with the stock dv using the relocation kit

car was running good during the run, cobalts are just quick and the guy can shift(no lift shift from factory)

that cobalt with 2-3 mods makes over 300 whp and weights less that 3,000 lbs

RSC17

R32 OG
man the weight must be the only thing keeping that thing out front. a k04'd GTI should be making the same, maybe even a little bit more, power than the SS. Maybe the stock DV is messing him up some?

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
man the weight must be the only thing keeping that thing out front. a k04'd GTI should be making the same, maybe even a little bit more, power than the SS. Maybe the stock DV is messing him up some?

the SS is lighter, has Brembo brakes standard, better suspension, and a bigger turbo.

Even compared to the K04 GTI... the SS has the advantage in terms of performance.

The SS mops the floor with a GTI in terms of performance... this section isn't about refinement or quality... this section is about speed... and frankly, why would the GTI be successful? It's a VERY heavy non LSD FWD hatch with a tiny turbo.

The SS is ugly and cheap feeling, but that's not what this section is about.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Those SS's are no joke, we have quick cars but that 2.0 Liter Ecotec engine on boost is a beast! We can make our cars faster but it does cost a lot more $$$!

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I wouldn't mind a 4 door personally lol!

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
the SS is a POS from the factory and the GTI isnt

Ok... We get the point.. You dont like the Cobalt.

Im sorry but i hate the SS...

Now you're just trolling a thread to spread hate :thumbdown: We got the point the first time you posted you didnt like it.

I'd rock a cobalt for sure. Nothing like No lift shift, Brembos, LSD, Forged wheels, Bigger turbo and cheap tuning. Here we go..*Insert everyone elses "interior is better" comment*