GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got my matte black side mirror covers on today

rossgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Install was fairly easy, there was some creaking and cracking noises as I took the old covers off but nothing broke or snapped. I think they look pretty good. My factory silver covers seemed to stick out too much against my tints and these black ones also seem to make the car look a tad more aggressive.

Attachments

• blackmirrors.jpg
    blackmirrors.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 3,432

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5
look nice man i just ordered a set of chrome ones

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Looks great, especially with the wheels. You should do your shield in matte black, too. It would tie everything together nicely.

rossgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah, I am undecided on whether to try painting my shields or getting the factory matte black ones (I'm a bit of a clutz so might be best to pay for real ones lol).

rossgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I got them from tmtuning, very happy with the service. Packaged well, etc.

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5
as for painting the shield flat black go with plasti drip its really easy to do and if your not happy with the results you can just peel it off

rossgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I'm not sure they have plastidip in New Zealand but will see if I can find some thanks

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I'm not sure they have plastidip in New Zealand but will see if I can find some thanks

Look in home stores (Home Depot, Lowe's). I don't know if they have them down there, but, whatever. If not, try hardware stores. Good luck. Plasti-dip would work perfectly.

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5
i am sure if you can get it down there you could proly get one of the guys from the us to ship it too ya

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
very nice. wish I had done this when I was still modding my RS GTI

PaNO

Ready to race!
hey are you thinking of either coloring your spoiler or getting a spoiler cap? I just did the same replacement on my CW Gti and am still debating what i'm going to do

dambbkny

Master Watchbreaker
Car(s)
08 GTI
Love the matte black! I did this to my CW GTI as well and wow I love how it makes the side of the car flow better!!! Good job!