GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

viper 5901 install!

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
viper 5901 installed!!!!! :thumbup:

so, i just received my 5901 , and i will be installing it diy in the next days.

i will be using the canmax400dei, which allows a "full" control of the alarm needed car things( doors, locks, lights, windows, etc) throught the canbus, which is two cables. so i think the installation will be really easy!
still waiting for the canmax400dei...

Last edited:

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
ok, i am finding it hard to get my hands on a canmax400dei flashed for the golf... any help????????????????

this are all the connections needed to the car, minus the alarm horn

Attachments

• χωρίς τίτλο.JPG
    χωρίς τίτλο.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 9,584

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
I'm not sure what the canmax400dei is. I did a bunch of searching and it seems like the vast majority of VAG people are using the Directed Electronics CAN1:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13959_Directed+CAN1.html

To use auto-start you need one of the de-immobilizer transponders, Direct Electronics makes this one:
http://www.drdetailshop.com/556U.htm
You have to sacrifice a spare key for it to work. You put the key in the transponder and it goes under the steering column with some wire wrapped around it. When the remote start signal comes into the alarm it activates the de-immobilizer which energizes that wire and it transmits the code which is in your chip in the key to your ignition and the car starts. If someone tries to break into your car and steal it they still wouldn't be able to start the car because the transponder would be turned off.

I've never installed one of these so it's all just theory for me. All my other cars are old so it's a simple straight forward install for the auto-start and alarm. I'm looking forward to getting a Compustar installed for this winter though so I can have auto-start and better security. Apparently you can get plug and play wiring harness for the CANBUS so the install is amazingly simple.

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
that is what the canmax400 does, it communicates with everything through the canbus! i am ordering it tomorrow (if i get paid) from ebay, and i will let you know about the installation and how everything will work out!

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
xm... I remember reading somewhere that the canmax is programmable with 2 keys and needs no keys to operate, so, i think it will operate the rs. But since i havn't seen it done in person, i can't say for sure

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
ahhh i think the can1 is older and analog, and the canmax400dei is the next one, which actually docks in the 5901, so no cable connection is needed between alarm and module.

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
:) yes, d2d, data to data, between alarm & module.. and the car sometimes. :) i ve done some alarm installs the old fashion way, no modules no nothing, but this will be my first try with the digital age, i'm really looking forward to it!

sphereman

:) yes, d2d, data to data, between alarm & module.. and the car sometimes. :) i ve done some alarm installs the old fashion way, no modules no nothing, but this will be my first try with the digital age, i'm really looking forward to it!

Any feedback on how the install went?

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
so, i just received the canmax400dei, and the loader. i mounted the canmax in the 5901, so no wires between alarm and module.!! i flashed it, and am ready for the instalL, PROBABLY TOMORROW.

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
went through the process again... i need to: bolt the siren in the engine compartment, run cable to the alarm from siren , run +12 v and ground to alarm, run the sensors (tilt,microwave) probably under the armrest, and maybe an extra one in the trunk, connect the can cables, the ignition and the starter cables, program the keys for the remote start, and mount the alarm somewhere.!! FINITO!!!!! AH, PLUS, i will connect an extra channel to the airride so i can control the deflating :p

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
hm... my wrong... i don't think i need to program the keys for the remote start ,as it will ( i think) use the code from the can

pan.pep

en exw ipothesi pelle!!!
Car(s)
Bncy Wäbit
alarm and canmax module
mounted
programming

Attachments

• 27082009438.jpg
    27082009438.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 5,809
  • 27082009440.jpg