Z - more power? more reliable?

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Z - more power? more reliable?

Well...the tuning philosophy is going to change. I easily forsee about 5 different things that tuners will be able to do, but its going to take some engineering prowess to do it reliably and efficiently.

Gone are the days of upping boost and expecting more power. This new engine is actually so revolved around thermal efficiency that you'll need to tune the water pump and oil pump as well. Adding multiport injection is fun, but dealing with high and low pressure fueling is dangerous......

It'll take some tact. :D

http://golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
interesting. did you guys see that Plac ordered ANOTHER MF CBE?!? :confused:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Also......I easily forsee about 310hp and 360ftlbs with Stage 2. Valvelift adds some torques.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Also......I easily forsee about 310hp and 360ftlbs with Stage 2. Valvelift adds some torques.

is it similar to the A4 valvelift 2.0T, because I thought those were not that reliable?

If I can get someone at APR to do it while I'm there, it'll be in.

Main plan is Stage 2. Then I might spend the rest on some shoes and clothes. I've been holding off and it's been driving me crazy.

you should strike a promotion/sponsorship/modeling deal with APR, lol...

shoes?! again!? barely see them in your pics tho, haha...

I bought a newer/nicer/similar wedding band - my wife was like, huh? but she appreciated it, as many guys stop / don't wear theirs. I only got it because of a zero % interest thing through Helzberg, AND I got a free Kindle Fire HD, so that was rad. I got her black diamond earrings for her bday in Feb and then a bracelet chain dealie with the kids birthstones for charms on it, for mother's day in may. #buyingahead

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
is it similar to the A4 valvelift 2.0T, because I thought those were not that reliable?

Yes and no. Hopefully they update the system.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Freakin jimmy choo time. For real.

I have a few in mind...

you should strike a promotion/sponsorship/modeling deal with APR, lol...

shoes?! again!? barely see them in your pics tho, haha...

I bought a newer/nicer/similar wedding band - my wife was like, huh? but she appreciated it, as many guys stop / don't wear theirs. I only got it because of a zero % interest thing through Helzberg, AND I got a free Kindle Fire HD, so that was rad. I got her black diamond earrings for her bday in Feb and then a bracelet chain dealie with the kids birthstones for charms on it, for mother's day in may. #buyingahead

Why would I do something like that? lol I have 0 ties with APR other than loving their product. There are many people out there just like me.

I only post the ones I get really excited about. You'd be surprised how mean people can be if you show off your shoes too much.

I'm having a thing for the chocolate diamonds that are out right now. They're so freakin' pretty!! I'm not a jewelry kinda girl anyway. Sometimes you just gotta treat yourself though :)

Roxie, just came across your Instagram feed while going through other pictures somehow. Started following you, in case you care.

Cool! Followed you back :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Why would I do something like that? lol I have 0 ties with APR other than loving their product. There are many people out there just like me.

I only post the ones I get really excited about. You'd be surprised how mean people can be if you show off your shoes too much.

I'm having a thing for the chocolate diamonds that are out right now. They're so freakin' pretty!! I'm not a jewelry kinda girl though. Sometimes you just gotta treat yourself though :)

No no, just meant sometimes you can get price discounts by doing reviews, photos, etc, and perhaps you could do that - that's all. I've done that a few times on things :D it is nice to save money!

that's weird on the shoes.

yeah, the black diamonds are... weird. I'm like, why do these cost so much again? lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.