GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I really like the new wrx personally, but im just going to hate on it cause i dont have the money for one.

Additionally, i bought the gti cause i wanted a nice daily driver...so just another reason to hate/love the wrx. digital boost gauge is cool but they trashed the hatchback wtf

Kind of weird they called out gti and focus st as being slower than a wrx...couldnt find another car more accurate to compare to?

Because they're all performance compact cars in the same price range.

The lack of hatchback is probably Subaru's marketing strategy. I have a feeling they will have the hatchback for the mid-cycle refresh. Subaru is a small company and introducing both will cost them more money, and hence less profit. They did the same in 2008 & 2011 and it worked.

the seats are much much better than the impreza or the last wrx.

saw that on the evo.. pretty wild. i guess they didn't want to go the hybrid sports car route..too costly, i bet.

The dash design is the same as the impreza and forester. I think they are still working on the hybrid performance car, but they're not ready yet. Probably have to wait couple more years.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
saw that on the evo.. pretty wild. i guess they didn't want to go the hybrid sports car route..too costly, i bet.

Speaking of Evos, some guys from one of the prominent Subie tuning shops picked up their 15s and said that they are "tires and a small drop" from evo-esque handling.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
This is a WRX equipped with the STi exhaust. First clip I've heard that I actually like how it sounds

Think I said it before, I've heard a couple ELH wrx's before in person, both the EJ20 and the EJ25, and I thought they sounded pretty damn good. Porsche-light.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Wow, I guess they really are going with only black wheels. Eff this turd.

Edit. Looks like the STI Limited has better wheels.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
afaik, they are gunmetal except for the black ones in the "performance/sports pack" or whatever. ill check the config thing later.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
A decent shade of gunmetal is better than black. Hard to tell the exact color online. I would still like to see a lighter option.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
From playing around with the config on Subaru's website it looks like I would need the WRX Limited to not feel like I am stepping down feature wise from the GTI. Doesn't make it as attractive price wise as I had hoped. I'll have to see what it comes out to with 10% under invoice. Didn't see any performance/sports package option on any of them. The only model with any packages is the Limited and that is Nav/Audio/Keyless one.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
I just wish the premium model came with the nice headlights. Looks like a few dealers near me already have a few in stock. Maybe I'll go check one out...

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
My local Subaru dealer has a WRX Limited with CVT in World Rally Blue in transit. This is the exact setup I would buy if I did. I don't care how played out the WRB is I love the look of it. Looks like Subaru has also got 2.9% financing going on for April on the new WRX.