GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It actually looks clean and unmodded besides the doors as far as I can tell, but those things are ridiculous.

That's somewhat troubling because that usually means someone put it back to 'stock'. usually lambo doors comes after ramz, intake and tune

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If you can't afford four tires that are the same, I kind of doubt the oil was changed at regular intervals and so forth.

Or Jiffy Lubed at 15.99 with a jewpon wrong weight oil and an "engine flush"

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

God damn lambo full frame doors look absolutely terrible.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
If you can't afford four tires that are the same, I kind of doubt the oil was changed at regular intervals and so forth.

Exactly right.

Mismatching tires are a pet peeve of mine.

Big time. Even if you get a flat, replace it with the same tire as the other 3. OR, replace them all if there's a lot of miles on them.

Or Jiffy Lubed at 15.99 with a jewpon wrong weight oil and an "engine flush"

:laugh:

Right.

God damn lambo full frame doors look absolutely terrible.

That shouldn't even be allowed to happen.

Lambo doors on cars that are not LAMBOS look ridiculous.

EDIT: Even on Lambos, it is a questionable styling decision.

It makes sense for parking, and looked cool on the old Lambos. But the new ones? Meh.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
ballztastic test drive was a waste of time

dude was typical old middle of nowhere PA bro with teenage kids and treated me like I was one of them - I'm fucking 30 years old and look like I'm 35 and pulled up in a spotless Z06 that the other dealer dudes were drooling over and asking questions about so they know I'm capable of driving a fucking automobile. But the sales guy in charge of this car? All he had to say about the Z06 was "That is a really flashy color..."

OK fine, bro is not into cars despite selling them for 25 years... whatever. Let's drive the Lambo.

The actual roads are all bone dry but there's still snow in their parking lot and you have to take off up an incline to get out of the dealer, so I had a slight amount of wheelspin (Federal 595 on one rear corner and Bridgestone RE050 on the other, no fucking shit it spins on snow uphill when it's 9 degrees out). The dude proceeded to hang on for dear life as I accelerated at half throttle and short shifted the thing at like 8000 and proceeded to drop down to 4th at ~50 mph on a dry straight divided 45 mph road. He asks with "Do you always drive your vette that hard?" - uh who the fuck was driving hard?

Then he launches into a mini lecture "I'm not the sales guy that you're going to be flying up and down the road with at 80 miles per hour, that's not going to happen. I have teenage kids and I'm trying to get them to slow down."

OK, you're afraid of interstate speeds so we'll stay on slow roads. Are there any roads around here with corners on them?

"No, that's not going to happen. You're not going to be spinning this thing around and flying up and down the road with me. Nope, not going to happen"

OK fuck it, thanks for wasting my time bro. Pull a U-turn and go back to the dealer.

Total test drive time ~5 minutes, 2 miles. What did I learn? NOTHING.

FUCK CAR SALESMEN.

FUCK ALL OF THEM.

How the FUCK do you plan to sell a motherfucking SPORTS CAR without letting anyone drive the fucker?

It's an old used Mazda that's been beat on and is all of $13k not a brand new Z06 - being tested by someone with a god damn racing license not your fucking 16 year old kid.

FUCK CAR SALESMEN.

Oh yeah - they never bothered to tell me about the shitty lambo doors in emails asking for specific details on the car. All about making someone drive 2 fucking hours to see what the car actually is - FUCK YOU CAR SALESMEN.

FUCK YOU ZILLON and your whole fucking trade. You people are all SCUM.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion

dude was typical old middle of nowhere PA bro with teenage kids and treated me like I was one of them - I'm fucking 30 years old and look like I'm 35 and pulled up in a spotless Z06 that the other dealer dudes were drooling over and asking questions about so they know I'm capable of driving a fucking automobile. But the sales guy in charge of this car? All he had to say about the Z06 was "That is a really flashy color..."

OK fine, bro is not into cars despite selling them for 25 years... whatever. Let's drive the Lambo.

The actual roads are all bone dry but there's still snow in their parking lot and you have to take off up an incline to get out of the dealer, so I had a slight amount of wheelspin (Federal 595 on one rear corner and Bridgestone RE050 on the other, no fucking shit it spins on snow uphill when it's 9 degrees out). The dude proceeded to hang on for dear life as I accelerated at half throttle and short shifted the thing at like 8000 and proceeded to drop down to 4th at ~50 mph on a dry straight divided 45 mph road. He asks with "Do you always drive your vette that hard?" - uh who the fuck was driving hard?

Then he launches into a mini lecture "I'm not the sales guy that you're going to be flying up and down the road with at 80 miles per hour, that's not going to happen. I have teenage kids and I'm trying to get them to slow down."

OK, you're afraid of interstate speeds so we'll stay on slow roads. Are there any roads around here with corners on them?

"No, that's not going to happen. You're not going to be spinning this thing around and flying up and down the road with me. Nope, not going to happen"

OK fuck it, thanks for wasting my time bro. Pull a U-turn and go back to the dealer.

FUCK CAR SALESMEN.

FUCK ALL OF THEM.

How the FUCK do you plan to sell a motherfucking SPORTS CAR without letting anyone drive the fucker?

It's an old used Mazda that's been beat on and is all of $13k not a brand new Z06 - being tested by someone with a god damn racing license not your fucking 16 year old kid.

FUCK CAR SALESMEN.

Oh yeah - they never bothered to tell me about the shitty lambo doors in emails asking for specific details on the car. All about making someone drive 2 fucking hours to see what the car actually is - FUCK YOU CAR SALESMEN.

Ban?

Should've given him the whole Pepsi Max experience.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Lambo doors on cars that are not LAMBOS look ridiculous.

EDIT: Even on Lambos, it is a questionable styling decision.

lambo door's are a big epic waste

FUCK CAR SALESMEN.

FUCK ALL OF THEM.

FUCK CAR SALESMEN.

wait, so the guy didn't even have kids with em. How are they gonna know. Try another dealer, maybe carmax somewhere near you.