GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
But zrickety's argument is that the virus doesn't matter, because it's manly hundreds of thousands of old people dying, and it's only a small percentage of people dying overall. Less so if you're young.

Other people are arguing that the percentage is disingenuous and saying you can't just use percentage to decide on action vs inaction and using 2500 people being killed at Pearl Harbor or 9/11 as an example of a very small percentage of Americans dying where the government took extraordinary measures to protect our country.

Whether you agree with the exact actions taken after either attack isn't necessary, the fact is using percentage of people affected to decide on action or inaction is a terrible metric.

Also, it's really annoying when you say something, get called on it, then act like it isn't what you said. Example with you saying murder is unpredictable and unpredictable, unlike viruses. Then reply like I'm the moron for calling you on it. 🤷‍♂️
I don't agree with Zrick on anything virus related.

I think arguing percentages is ridiculous.

I didn't say "unlike viruses" as you just said although I can see where what I said could lead to that.

All I meant is that for me I can't compare virus deaths to murder. That's just my opinion and nothing else.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Me too. In uni, I dated this Italian chick that had a pee fetish. Her parents were always out on Saturday nights so she'd get me to come over, make me dress like Harry Potter (glasses, wand, cape, the whole bit) and drink a pile of water for like an hour or so. And then when I couldn't hold it anymore, we'd go in the shower, again dressed as Harry Potter, and I'd pee all over her. She loved it. Good times. I drove a CRX with a B16a swap at that time. So I'd piss, fuck and hit VTEC on my way out. The good ole days.
just because I'm not sure @MagicMK was here then

also thx JC, I had forgotten the "who"

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
We have an immune system that's kept most of us alive for 200,000 years.

Do you mean the immune system that let the Bubonic Plague kill 15-100M people in its first go and 75-200M people in its second try? And btw, the upper end of each of those ranges represents 50%+ of the world population at those specific times. Or do you mean the immune system that let the Spanish flu kill 17-100M people?
Immune systems are pretty good, but far from perfect.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Do you mean the immune system that let the Bubonic Plague kill 15-100M people in its first go and 75-200M people in its second try? And btw, the upper end of each of those ranges represents 50%+ of the world population at those specific times. Or do you mean the immune system that let the Spanish flu kill 17-100M people?
Immune systems are pretty good, but far from perfect.

When was the first go?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I didn't say "unlike viruses" as you just said although I can see where what I said could lead to that.

All I meant is that for me I can't compare virus deaths to murder. That's just my opinion and nothing else.

I can respect that.

I don't think anyone was really comparing them, except to show the absurdity of the comparison.

It's impossible sometimes to read people's intent. I think the majority are in agreement, we're just arguing semantics, because that's what we do in this thread. 🤣

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

I can respect that.

I don't think anyone was really comparing them, except to show the absurdity of the comparison.

It's impossible sometimes to read people's intent. I think the majority are in agreement, we're just arguing semantics, because that's what we do in this thread. 🤣
quoted for posterity

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

A lot of us end up arguing over what type of bark is on a single tree that we forget there's an entire forest in play. Myself included, of course.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I can respect that.

I wish arguing about semantics wasn't such a big deal in here. It's what makes it argumentative and like you said it's impossible to read people's intent. I would prefer being asked what my intent was before someone responds arguing my intent. Just ask a simple question like what do you mean.