• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh nice, thats kinda what my buddy does for mcdonalds, sounds like a kinda fun job actually. good ole SWOT's

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I've recently transitioned to a new role at work, which requires me to go into the office temporarily a few days a week. I haven't worn hard pants this many days in a row in years...
i have to be in office this week to support goings-on, wearing a collared shirt in case i have to talk to important people given what's happening. i feel weird being more dressed up than my manager, who is in a polo today.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
kinda miss the office environment sometimes; easier to stay on track when theres people around. i'd probably be on here a lot less

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I've recently transitioned to a new role at work, which requires me to go into the office temporarily a few days a week. I haven't worn hard pants this many days in a row in years...
This is my first ever work-from-home job after being in shops for the last 10 years, so I still have the morning debate of "Gym shorts or Jeans today?" I feel much more productive when I put on clothes :ROFLMAO:

kinda miss the office environment sometimes; easier to stay on track when theres people around. i'd probably be on here a lot less

Also this, I try to be as productive as possible, it's just hard during the slow periods :whistle:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

My GolfMK7 forum activity definitely skyrocketted once swapping to remote for the pandemic...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I've been working from home since March 2020, I still get up and get dressed for work every day. Amazes me in the age of video calls all day people think they can just be slobs since they're at home. Like really, you wouldn't attend a face to face meeting looking like you just got out of bed after being gangbanged all night, why is it different for a video call?

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I've been working from home since March 2020, I still get up and get dressed for work every day. Amazes me in the age of video calls all day people think they can just be slobs since they're at home. Like really, you wouldn't attend a face to face meeting looking like you just got out of bed after being gangbanged all night, why is it different for a video call?
My job is only voice calls *finger guns*

Also, don't judge me for my night, just because you weren't part of the gang.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
lol

i'm all voice calls too; do gotta go visit some construction sites here and there for in-face meetings which really helps the day fly by

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
my Sr. Manager recently mandated all people to be on camera for a biweekly meeting we have. some people are still not quite there being presentable.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Been working from home 4d/wk since June 2015, just in office on Mondays. When I’m in the office I don’t get shit done, always “mentoring” my fellow employees or doing special reviews on a “hey you” basis. Went full time telework in Feb 2020 when I was patient 0 for COVID in US. About when I was going to go back in, they went to full telework for all. Been that way ever since.

I hate going to the office. And if my current state of laptop shows anything, it’s my frequency of being on a video chat.

image.jpg

😁

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Prior to a few weeks ago, I had been full time WFH since March 2020 as well.

I could count the amount of times I've had my camera on on one hand. Probably even half a hand...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Been working from home 4d/wk since June 2015, just in office on Mondays. When I’m in the office I don’t get shit done, always “mentoring” my fellow employees or doing special reviews on a “hey you” basis. Went full time telework in Feb 2020 when I was patient 0 for COVID in US. About when I was going to go back in, they went to full telework for all. Been that way ever since.

I hate going to the office. And if my current state of laptop shows anything, it’s my frequency of being on a video chat.

View attachment 236021

😁

I FUCKING KNEW IT WOULD BE SOMEONE ON THE FORUMS!!!!

When I'm at home, my laptop is plugged into a docking station tucked behind my monitors.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I FUCKING KNEW IT WOULD BE SOMEONE ON THE FORUMS!!!!

When I'm at home, my laptop is plugged into a docking station tucked behind my monitors.

LoL. Thought I discussed me starting COVID in US before?

Was in MX on vacation 02/2020. Last morning I’m waiting for a table at the buffet, and a family with a Mandarin dialect waked in wearing masks. Didn’t think much of it, then the matriarch came in, no mask, coughing. Two days later I’m symptomatic at home, but nobody will talk to me since I didn’t travel to China or Italy. Wasn’t till a few months past and they finally said “yep you had it.”

Yeah. My laptop is a PITA to get opened up for video calls. I’ve had one in 2yrs for an interview. /list.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
same, WFH since mar-2020, minus a few weeks here and there monitoring construction sites

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Holy fuck, first time in 7 years that I've eaten a cheese burger from the hospitals cafeteria. Literally the worst burger I've ever eaten and I've lived all over the country/world and served in the military for 24+years. JFC, you'd have to go out of your way to make it any worse. I might as well have eaten cardboard. Did they steal this shit from a Florida prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.