GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Aggressor

1. Aggressor

Steering Rack Replacement?

As mentioned in my other thread, I took my 09 GTI into the dealer this weekend, noting two things to be looked at: A whining noise coming from the engine bay (notable at parking lot speeds), and creaking/popping noises coming from the chassis when turning the wheels in place. They came back...
  2. Aggressor

Alternator Replacement Options?

So I took my 09 GTI into the dealer this weekend, noting two things to be looked at: A whining noise coming from the engine bay (notable at parking lot speeds), and creaking/popping noises coming from the chassis when turning the wheels in place. They came back with an estimate for over $3k...
  3. Aggressor

AC/Insulated dryer

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57877&page=2 ^ Discussed in a 4 year old thread, and never had any pics posted. Seems promising though. I've noticed that the AC works waaaaaay better once I hit a constant speed over 30mph. I figured either the engine was putting out more...
  4. Aggressor

LPU: Sim racing Rig

So my Fanatec 911 wheel blew out today while playing Forza (lights started flickering and smoke came out of the vents :( ). To be honest, I'm drifting more and more away from racing anyway (pun half intended), so I figured I'd "liquidate" my remaining racing assets and shift resource over to...
  5. Aggressor

SE PA: Need alignment Shop recommendations

So my Steering wheel is about an 1/8 turn cocked right when I'm on a level road, even though steering tracks straight. It's pretty bad at this point, as finding the center point doesn't feel natural (this isn't the off by a degree or two issue that plagues the Mk V fleet) I've read all the...
  6. Aggressor

For sale: $225 Eclipse AVN 4430/PAC Adapters

I'm selling my Eclipse AVN 4430 and pac adapters, break down is as follows: Radio: http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/avn/avn4430overviews.html Eclipse AVN 4430, the unit is now discontinued. I'm asking $225 for the unit itself, or $300 for the unit and PAC adapters below. With PAC Audio adapters...
  7. Aggressor

FS/part out, 3 18" huffs

Moved down to 17"s, much happier now. That said, I have three 18" huffs that are somewhat beat up (some curb rash and nicks). They do include TPMS however. I figure $100 each LPU (I'm 45 min north of Philly @ 18940). I'm open to discussing shipping as well. 1 and 2 are BBS, 3 is Ronal (all...
  8. Aggressor

17" tire specs question

Alright, so I'm moving down to 17"s on my stock 09' GTI (which will probably be stock ride height for a long time), and I'm looking at going with these wheels: Moda M7 Tirerack recommends 225/45-17, so I went for the same tire I set my parents up with on their Acura TL (on OEM 17"s), Michelin...
  9. Aggressor

Need Vent part name

So I was putting in my new dash shelf (half off at ECS tuning!), and when trying to take apart the upper went assembly, I heard that unmistakable sound of a tiny part falling somewhere you'll never find it ever again... The part is a small, curved plastic piece that holds the outer vent...
  10. Aggressor

Tippmann A5 w/ extensive mods

::Sold:: Tippmann A5 w/ extensive mods Up for sale is my Tippmann A5. Purchased in 2005, the marker has extensive modifications. My issue is that I never really found a good group to play consistently with, so I moved on to other hobbies. I would play maybe one or two games a year. The...
  11. Aggressor

Trunk shelf tray flip up?

I'm looking for a way to attach the trunk tray (the one that doesn't come with the car) to the cargo shelf (that comes with the car) So that when the hatch is opened, both raise up together, and if I need to access whatevers in the tray, I can unlatch it and fold it down. Thoughts? Ideas?
  12. Aggressor

Feeler: AVN 4430 Nav unit

Considering selling my Eclipse AVN 4430 unit. I'm going back to stock since my phone has a pretty good GPS app installed, and I could use the money for other things. I'll provide installed pics if there's interest. A few things to note: -Unit functions fine, aside from what appears to be a...
  13. Aggressor

Wheel feeler (Buy/sell/trade/?)

So I took my car over to the dealer today, after the episode that went down (see more at this thread) Long story short, 3 of the rims are in decent condition, with a few nics and dings (pics to follow if needed). The forth (passenger side front) lost it's outer trim paint, and is apparently...
  14. Aggressor

WTF happend to my huff?/what new wheels should I get?

So I'm washing my car today, and I notice something wrong with my front passenger wheel. I have the 18" huffs, with the matching UG trim. Except the outer trim on this wheel is gone. It's just plain silver. You can even see where the paint on the inner loop fades out.:mad: Now the scuffs...
  15. Aggressor

Wanna test drive a Golf-R? You'll need an xbox...

Tomorrow, for owners of Forza 3, Turn10 will be releasing a new car pack that will include (among other cars) the 2010 Golf R. Car Data sheet: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/rt2_golfr_main/ Total car list: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/roadandtrack/ This also means virtual...