GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by AngryFish

1. A

WTB: 1 or more HUFF 18" RIMS. Chicagoland area or NW Indiana.

One of the 18" Huff OEM rims on my 06 GTI is bent and I need a replacement. I don't mind one with a little curb rash but it needs to be straight and able to hold air. I need only one but may be interested in 2 or more depending on price. Thanks, James
  2. A

?Best Place to Buy uPAC-VW1 AUX Kit?

Just wondering what is the best place to buy a uPAC-VW1 aux kit. A quick google search turned up very little. I called PAC and they told me this is the kit I need. Thanks.
  3. A

WTB: Stock 17's with All-Season Tires for GTI

I am still looking for stock 17" rims for my GTI' Looking for 17's with all-season tires. I am in the chicagoland area so could arrange to pick them up if you are within 400mi. or looking for someone who is willing to ship them. FOUND A SET. THANKS ALL.
  4. A

WTB 17" Stock Rims w/All-Season tires. (Chicagoland)

I am looking for a set of stock GTI/GLI 17's with the all-season tires on them. I live just south of chicago. If you are not from the chicagoland area I may still be interested if you are within a 200mi radius or if shipping doesnt run too much. I might also be interested in 17" steelies that...
  5. A

Any news on simple clean AUX install for 06 GTI?

Anyone have any links or info to an AUX adapter which would work for the 06 GTI? I saw the windowsticker for the 07's on another thread and it says it comes with an AUX jack. Does anyone know what VW is using to do this? it is on the non nav unit and comes stock with base GTI packages. Are...
  6. A

What are the widest tires to fit on Huff rims?

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question but, What are the widest tires to fit on 18" Huff rims? I see 2004 jettas all the time with wider tires on what seem to be stock GL rims. I really like the look of wider rubber on the road. not ridiculous funny car wide but just a wide fast...
  7. A

Total cost for APR chip installed with 2 modes.

So what am i looking at on average for an apr chip with stock and chipped modes installed and out the door? from the website it looks like parts cost alone is close to $800. Is that correct?
  8. A

White drip stains on Huff 18" rims.

So, My 06 GTI has 18" huff rims. One of the rims has three white drip stains on the metal. I noticed these at the dealership but thought it was just soap or some cleaner that could be wiped off. This does not appear to be the case. I want to get rid of these stains but am unsure of how to do...
  9. A

Speeding Tickets!!

Well I guess its official. My inner FAST wants to be let off the chain. :evil: They have an office pool going on at work as to what date within the next month I get pulled over by the PoPo. Karma is probably going to catch up with me even more maliciously because of this office pool. Heck...
  10. A

AUX jack for stock Headunit (Non IPOD Specific)

Just wondering if VWOA has any type of harness to allow the stock, non navi head unit an AUX miniplug jack. I DO NOT want an IPOD kit which would show/control ipod functions through the headunit. I still want to select my music etc from the player itself. (Also want to be able to hook up my...
  11. A

E85 Use in a GTI

Hello Forumites, Just wondered if anyone has tried using an E85 / Reg. Unleaded mix in their GTI's. I believe E85 is 105 octane so it would seem to me that something like an E20 mix would lend itself to best price/performance in the GTI. Here in Indiana U.S.A. it is cheaper than regular...