GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by aplos

1. aplos

Forge cold air intake for Golf 1.4TSI (170hp)

So after the fiasco with that "rep" for the ecu remap, I didn't think I'd go for any tuning... but I just couldn't help myself. Got me a Forge cold air intake and this one I really don't mind! It looks good, sounds cool (the gurgling noises make me giggle like a japanese school girl) and it's...
  2. aplos

Cold feet about the remap

I'm getting cold feet about installing the Revo remap on my Golf GT. Revo's seems to be the most reliable and most thoroughly tested but there's still that voice in the back of my head telling me that something could break and cause even more problems/destroy engine. If anyone has any experience...
  3. aplos

The Golf is dead, long live the Golf

I just saw the Golf R at the motor show and I'm as excited about it as I was a year ago when I first heard about it. So the plan is to get a couple of years more from the current car and when they have wrinkled out any issues with the R and dropped the price to swap in the old one for it...
  4. aplos

Should I rewax (on nano coating)

I had the car nano coated (similar to teflon coating) for protection a few month ago, and wax on top of it... but monday I took it for a wash and found some scratch marks on the hood from cats sitting on it to warm their butts. So when I went home I used some Autoglym resin polish to polish out...
  5. aplos

Golf GT MKV vs GTI MKIV

Two red light drag races. Both times managed to pull ahead by about a car. Proves that the stock MKIV GTi is the slowest GTi of all. Not to diss them but stock.. yes they are not as fast as other versions.
  6. aplos

best captcha

Found this captcha:
  7. aplos

stock GT vs some kind of Peugeot (funny story)

Not a real race but it's kinda funny (I hope) so pick up a bucket of popcorn cause it's a long one.... I'm at the T section traffic light waiting for green. There are two lanes. The right lane goes only right. The left lane goes both left and right. I'm on the left lane but going right because...
  8. aplos

GT in shallow water

It seems that a GT driver ended up in shallow water after losing control of the car... sad day for GTs
  9. aplos

Lowering the car... coilovers? any problems?

I'm thinking about lowering the car by about an inch and was considering coilovers. Anyone has any suggestions on good coilovers (nothing overly expensive)? Anything else that needs to be adjusted when the car is lowered? I heard from my cousin that his friend lowered his car and there were some...
  10. aplos

VW CY club meeting

We had our meeting today and I snapped a few photos at the parking lot where we met and then drove in a row downtown and then to a little bar. Thing thing's basically a show car!! Spot the TT dash? Club president's golf. His other ride's an Integra :eek:
  11. aplos

Burnout magazine at show

Burn-Out magazine was at the state fare and they had a few cars on display: 650bhp monster 350Z And classic muscle Go hachirokus! A newer Trueno Ans a RX8... no RX7s :(
  12. aplos

not such a SMART driver

A driver at work with the sorriest looking SMART for 2 ever!! Yeah, the entire rear window is broken! Also the front wind shield is cracked
  13. aplos

New front fog lights

I finally decided to change the front fog lights too since I hanged all the other lights in the front for a whiter look. I found these cheap ones at the home center and though...meh... what the hell. So here's a before pic: And after:
  14. aplos

UNICARS Automotive fest (lotsa pics)

UNICARS, the VW dealership here and also Audi, Seat, Skoda, Lamborghini, and sister companies for Maserati and Lotus, had a weekend event here to promote their cars and they had them on display with test drives available as well as the chance to catch a ride in a R8 or RS6 and meet the...
  15. aplos

stock Golf GT vs Honda Accord 7th gen

So I'm coming back from the movies and I get off the roundabout on a somewhat short stretch to the next roundabout which goes underneath the highway. I'm driving fast and I exit the roundabout on the right lane (remember, we drive on the left) but slightly ahead of me there are two cars going...