GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by C+C

1. C

Suspension advice for MK5 GTi

Hey Guys, I have a Pirelli putting down 175kw atw, and looking for some advice on suitable suspension mods. The car is a city daily driver, with no track use requirements. I am wanting 1. better handling (less vagueness and more direct/sharp steering) 2. better of the line traction (trying...
  2. C

New Bugatti Veyron Video

Hi Guys, Being a big fan of our Golf's big big brother, here is a great new video of the making of the veyron made by the National Geographic channel (hope its not a repost) this is part 1 of 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6cyk9mQWM4&feature=related "15 hours to hand make each of the 10...
  3. C

Dyno with a DSG

Hi guys, Have a few things planned for the Pirelli, and wanting to do a pre and post mod dyno. I think I have read somewhere here there is a trick to doing a dyno with the DSG. Should I do it in manual or sport? 3rd or 4th gear? cheers
  4. C

VW Australia DSG Safety Recall

Hi guys, Just received in the mail a letter from VW Australia "Urgent- Vehicle Safety Recall". Apparently there is the possibility that my DSG is wrongly interpreting the clutch temperature, resulting in the clutch protection being activated. This may cause a flashing gear display, juddering of...
  5. C

Fuel economy for the Pirelli?

To those Pirelli owners (and there are a few here), what sort of fuel economy are you getting? Seeing the car is only new, I have done 3 full tanks on premium fuel (RON 98) and have been able to squeeze 12.0, 11.5 and 11.5 l/100km respectively I typically drive about 15km each time with...
  6. C

Pirelli ECU upgrades??

With the Pirelli only 1 week old, I am giving serious thought to some upgrades, although realistically not till the first oil change at 5-7,500km. I have in mind - dp (custom or pre-fab), perhaps a TBE - intake (evoms/neuspeed type) with engine cover - ecu flash Today I meet today a local...
  7. C

Down pipe for the Pirelli

Hey guys, looking at few upgrades to the new pirelli (a little too 'muted' for me), namely a down pipe and a flash, and came across these guys from the states. This DP is for both KO4 and KO3 variants the specs are- CNC mandrel bent 14 gauge aluminized steel tubing CNC machined 1018 cold...
  8. C

Ipod/Mp3 newbie question

Hi guys, Can someone point me in the right direction. I assume there is a device that plugs an Ipod to the aux connector in the Golf, and allows you to control the ipod through the stereo. If so what is it called and where to get it from? I am also wanting to get the iphone soon and a cradle...
  9. C

Calling Pirelli Owners

Hi Guys, I am in the final stages of securing a 5 door graphite blue Pirelli (09 compliance) with rear parking sensors. I am about to settle on $46000 with free servicing (for 3 years or 45000km, ie 3 services). I am in Sydney and the dealer has the car, so no extra charges applicable They...
  10. C

VW offer- 3 year free servicing

Hi Guys, As I am about to buy my first Golf Gti, VW have a special at the moment up till the 30th June (saw it in yesterdays paper)....free scheduled servicing for 3 years or 45K km (as I dont drive more than 15K a year, the 3 years will be likely) I would like to know how many services will...