GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by crystalwhiteveedub

1. C

2009 GTI - white, DSG, 4 door

I am putting my 2009 dsg 4 door up for sale. The car did great by me while I drove it, but I got back into my passion and bought another Mustang. I bought the car used with 37,xxx miles from a dealership in Chicago, IL. Car was certified pre-owned and I purchased the extended 2 year warranty...
  2. C

I need a tank of gas...

What kind of MPG's are you guys postin up? I was at 31ish with my subs and shot back up to 33 without them! Around town is 24-25 with a max of about 35 highway.
  3. C

Stage 1+ vs. town car

Alright guys I was out cruzin yestaday hollerin at some bitches when out da blue this ole lady came wippin up on my ass in some crazy lincoln supercar. I mean this thing was BAAD. Ill throw in a pic so you knowz what i was dealin wiff. So i pulled up next to her at the red light and we gave...
  4. C

Stupid exhaust thread!

I know this question has most likely been addressed, however I have searched and cant seem to find my exact answer. I want to go stage 2 with my tsi. I have the intake, will be ordering and s3 intercooler, and now just need the downpipe. I've known several people to have success with the ebay...
  5. C

Squeak squeak?

Im having a problem with the rear of my car squeaking over bumps. Since its not a clunk, i figured its not subframe related. When i push down on the car in the rear the squeak can also be heard. Would this point to bad springs or shocks? I know about the caliper bolt but would it still make that...
  6. C

Engine mount problem?

I bought the ecs tuning dogbone mount insert, and attempted to install it tonight. Due to my incompetence or bad luck, the stock stretch bolt will not come out. Ive pulled and pushed as hard as I could, the torque bar registered over 200 ft/lbs. what am i doing wrong here? Would really hate to...
  7. C

Cause I be on dat cheap shit.

Fabbed an intake for my cheap ass today. $20 in parts from autozone and a huge 4" filter from MAC performance left over from my Mustang. Working up a mount and heatshield now. Flame suit...activate! It definitely made the forge dv spacer even louder and it sucks some massive air. Can tell a...
  8. C

Jl audio sound system

I'm looking to move this system out and upgrade to something a little bigger. All items were bought new at retail and are in great shape. First I have a Jl j2 320.4. This is a 4 channel amplifier that allows you to run the amp at 60w rms x 4 channels at a 4 ohm load, 80w rms x 4 channels at a...
  9. C

Intercooler helper?

Im new to turbo engines, but i saw this. In theory it makes sense, has anyone tried it? http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=225&osCsid=832390dd935f4a0a772b743215250c7e
  10. C

First round of mods!

Alright, so I've had my GTI for almost 2 weeks now and I've already started on the mods. I had the car tuned by Tommy @ Performance Engineering Turbo in Alabama with the Stage 1+ Unitronic tune. The performance difference is awesome! I also installed a small system comprised of two jl audio...
  11. C

New gti owner!

Hey all! I'm excited to say that I have just purchased my first volkswagen, a 2009 DSG GTI. I'm looking forward to learning more about the car as I go. I'm coming from a background of Mustangs. Everything from a Fox (1987), to my most recent 2005 cammed GT. So far the GTI is exceedin my...