GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dawolfsburg

1. dawolfsburg

FS: BSH FSI Competition Catch Can | $80

Picked this catch can up pre-owned but never installed on my MKV GTI. Missing 2 bolts "Valve Cover Plate Fittings" on the parts list.(BSH may be able to supply these) Price new is $289.99, for sale at $80 plus shipping unless local pickup in Northern Virginia.
  2. dawolfsburg

Goodyear Eagle F1s wider tread width?

In the market for new tires and browsing the Tire Rack - I am comparing the Conti DWS 06 and the Goodyear Eagle F1s and notice the Goodyears of the same size have a 1.2" wider tread width over the Continentals... Seems like a pretty big difference to me! Any thoughts on this? I am leaning...
  3. dawolfsburg

FS: Mid-school BMX Bike | GT Mach One

This bike is a survivor for sure. A 1996 GT Mach One Original retail price was around $350. The chromoly frame is bright and sports the original stickers that are in great condition. Made in the USA The handlebars have been swapped out for knee-savers and the front wheel is a Skyway, painted...
  4. dawolfsburg

Anyone need stock GTI springs?

I know stock suspension parts are not in high demand around here... but I wanted to put them out there in case someone is looking. The springs are off a 2007 GTI. Located in DC.
  5. dawolfsburg

VWR Springs Installed

(I posted this to an existing thread on Vortex but wanted to share here as well) Got VWR Springs installed today on my 07 GTI - Here is the rundown of results so far: The Measurements Shortly after install there is 1.25" drop in the rear, 1.5" in the front. I imagine some settling will occur...
  6. dawolfsburg

Noise from belt area on cold Startup [VIDEO Link inside]

Resolution: Dealer is going to replace the timing belt and tensioner under CPO warranty. On cold start there is a somewhat loud squeaking / chirping sound coming from the passenger side of the engine. Anyone else get this? Not sure if it is serpentine belt, timing belt, tensioner or water pump...
  7. dawolfsburg

WTB: 18" Huff- Single wheel or pair (Will pickup in DC, MD, VA Area)

Looking for a decent 18" Huf wheel (or two) to replace curbed wheel(s)- winter was not kind... Anyone near DC, MD, VA area have something laying around their garage? Wheel doesn't need to be flawless. Thanks!
  8. dawolfsburg

Where to buy headlight rubber boot? (pic inside)

Pictured above, the one I am missing caps the back of the city light. Anywhere online to get one or should I report to the stealership? Thanks!
  9. dawolfsburg

WTB: Stock FSI Engine Cover (near DC)

Looking for a stock FSI engine cover to pickup in the Washington, DC Metro area MD, VA. Other locations work if shipping amount is reasonable... Thanks!