GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DeepBlackGLI

1. DeepBlackGLI

Rev D DV in pieces + pissed on my driveway

Starting yesterday my engine has been sounding off...like it drones on and is a lower tone then normal. Seems sluggish and when I push it, it hiccups a bit. It's never sounded/felt like this when something's been wrong...so this is a new one. No CEL or codes w/VAGCOM and so I did the following...
  2. DeepBlackGLI

Revo Tuning w/stock DP

Does anyone know what negative effects are likely to occur if I run Revo stage 2 with a stock DP?
  3. DeepBlackGLI

B&G RS Line Coilovers Max Height?

Long story short...I need to raise my GLI temporarily but am not sure how high I can safely go with these coilovers. At some point the threaded shock body will twist out of the bottom mount...so the question is what is the minimum amount of thread overlap for safety's sake...and is there anyway...
  4. DeepBlackGLI

Brake/clutch bleeding fun

Earlier today I tried bleeding my brakes and clutch using Motive power bleeder. Brakes went fine and clutch seemed to go fine until I closed clutch bleeder valve and went to remove power bleeder at which point I somehow got air into the system. Right now if I push the clutch to the floor, it...
  5. DeepBlackGLI

Radio buttons 'bubbling' due to heat

Okay, would be better with a pic but don't have a camera handy so maybe someone can tell what I'm talking about. The buttons on my oem six disc unit have developed bubbles in them, where the rubber coating material has air under it. It's pretty damn hot here in FL so I'm thinking this is the...
  6. DeepBlackGLI

Weird issue involving battery/starting system and remote-locking the car

I just ran out to lunch....when leaving my office the car started normally. After being parked for a few minutes picking up food, I come out and turn the key and there's about a second of nothing, then engine turns over slowly then after another half second or so, starts. This is the first...
  7. DeepBlackGLI

FSB end link adjustment?

Recently I lowered my front coilovers about 15mm, and promptly started getting subframe clunking as well as a clunking/popping sound from front right. I had some fun trying Audi subframe bolts and other shenanigans before getting frustrated and raising everything back up (had rubbing issues as...
  8. DeepBlackGLI

Wheel screeches when turning right at low speeds

I've searched for a bit but am not seeing anything close to what I'm experiencing.....if this has been covered, feel free to point me in the right direction. Since my coilovers went on, I get a screeching sound and the wheel won't turn anymore when I turn sharply right at slow speeds. The...
  9. DeepBlackGLI

Which Catted Downpipe?

Okay, I've done plenty of research and believe I know which option I'll go with, but wanted to see if there's anything I haven't considered. Background: I'm running Revo stg. 1 and plan to stick with Revo going forward. I want a DP with a cat. My budget is $400-$650 and obviously would like...
  10. DeepBlackGLI

Windows go up/down at different rates

I searched for this but didn't see anything..... Whether I use the driver's side door control or the key fob to put all four windows down, they go down at different rates, i.e. the passenger front window will go down faster than the driver front window. Same if I put the windows up. Anyone...
  11. DeepBlackGLI

HPFP banjo bolt stuck....any ideas?

I'm trying to check my cam follower but can't get the banjo bolt to move at all. I've tried a couple different M8 triple square bits with the first being kind of crappy and the second being a little better (harder metal) but the bolt is stuck. I've moved most of the hoses in that area out of...
  12. DeepBlackGLI

B&G RS2 Installed

From stock '06 height to a little above the tire. Will wait a week or two for it to settle and then probably go a little lower. Definitely need an alignment now as my steering wheel is turned left about an inch when the wheels are straight. Does this sound normal after a coilover install?
  13. DeepBlackGLI

Caliper tool needed to reinstall rotors?

The hubs on my rotors are rusted and so I'm going to pull them off.....rough up surface.....prime.....then paint back to silver. I'm wondering if I'll need the Schwaben brake caliper tool to retract the pistons a little when putting the calipers back on. My guess is no, as I'm not adding any...
  14. DeepBlackGLI

Sunroof Fail

So I'm leaving work last night and click the dial that controls the sunroof so it will slide back. Immediately I hear a crunching and sick electric-motor-trying-so-hard type sound and look up to see the glass of the sunroof is crooked in the frame, i.e. the driver's side of the glass is back...