GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dragoncoach

1. D

'06 Manual Tranny took a dump!

Yup. Only 63k and the tranny went out. Rumors are the '06-'08 manuals were notorious for having bad pinions which in turn lead to Transmission failure. No engagement in any gear and the car makes a grinding sound when it's just rolling. I've heard the used trannys may have the same problem and...
  2. D

FS: 3 GTI Huff rims

For sale are 3 OEM 18" Huff Rims with grey centers. These are off a 2006 VW GTI. They are priced low because they are in fair condition. The center cap are included! They have some curbing and scratches but with a little work, they can be sanded and painted and would look great or they can used...
  3. D

Outside temperature reading way off

I've been noticing the outside temperature reading is pretty far off. I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this issue. Is there a way to recalibrate it? Thanks.
  4. D

Trade the GTI for an M3?

I may have the opportunity to pick up a '01 M3 coupe with 54k miles. I am contemplating selling the GTI and putting in $3k and buying it. My mechanic says its in excellent condition but needs new tires. The GTI is an '06 and has 45k miles and is running very well. I'm thinking maybe a chip...
  5. D

TOO MANY SPAMMING POSTS!

Within the last week, I've seen 3 or 4 spam posts from people selling phones/stereos etc. on our forum. Are the moderators trying to eliminate this or can people report these types of posts to them for review? I don't mind advertising from sponsors, but it's irratating reading these "garbage"...
  6. D

VW Dealer in Colma, CA

I just dropped by the VW dealer in Daly City/Colma, CA to speak with a service advisor re: my key situation and, man, this place is a joke. I've worked in dealerships for over 20 years and this one is no where the top of the list. I drove into the service drive. A huge delivery truck was parked...
  7. D

Key problem. Need some help please...

I picked up the GTI 2 weeks ago and was given 1 key fob w/ remote, 1 key head only (no remote, only flip out key) and 1 supposed valet key. The key/remote work fine. The other keys fit the key cylinder but don't turn the tumblers. They just rotate in the lock. Does anyone know why this is...
  8. D

New GTI in the stable!

We've been looking for a GTI for about a month and finally found one. It's a , White '06, manual w/ 35k miles and packages 1 & 2. No scratches on the Huffs, brakes have 75% wear left, the tires are new Dunlop All Seasons, and the body is almost perfect. It's actually going to be a fun "project"...