GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by erick.s

1. E

MKV Jetta Uber Stealth Audio sub box

I just picked one of these up off of Nik Brewer (he's the one making the boxes) and I just wanted to post up my first impressions. I bought the box preloaded with an Elemental Designs sq10 and a speaker grill. I haven't wired it all up yet so I can't evaluate the sound but build quality is good...
  2. E

Sanyo PLV-Z4 front projector

I know this isn't car-related, but I thought there may be some home theater enthusiasts here, so I'm posting it up. I'm selling my Sanyo PLV-Z4 720p LCD projector. Due to medical reasons, my mom will be moving in with us so I no longer have the space for a dedicated theater room. This projector...
  3. E

Catback for GTI?

I'm thinking about my next mod and for cost reasons I'm thinking about getting a catback exhaust for my GTI with a downpipe to be added later. I don't want anything ridiculously loud, but do want a more aggressive tone than I have now. What are the good catback systems on the market?
  4. E

Put my new wheels on...

Since today was so nice, I decided to get off my ass and put my new wheels on. Sorry for the crappy pics - once the weather gets nicer I want to go take some decent shots. Just a shot to show where the wheels sit in relation to the fender:
  5. E

Using impact gun to install wheels?

I have an AmPro AR3651 1/2" drive impact gun and I wanted to use it when I swap wheels. I've heard people say not to use air tools to install wheels as you can cause damage. Is this true? My impact gun has variable power settings (from 0 to 5) so if I found the right setting I don't see how I...
  6. E

Ih yeah ... (wheel teaser)

My new wheels came in today - here's a little teaser until I put them on. I have seen this particular wheel on only one other MKV, so I'm excited to get them on there. I'm gonna give the weather a week or two to get squared away then they'll go on.
  7. E

Eibach ProSystem installed!

Big thanks go out to Tom (digitalhippie on Vortex) for the install. This man knows his stuff - if anyone in CT/NY/MA/NJ/RI is looking for someone to do work, he's your man :thumbup: . The ProSystem is basically a "cup kit" made up of Eibach's ProDampers and ProKit springs. Ride height is...
  8. E

Brown bought me a present yesterday...

The Eibach pro-system. Basically, the pro-kit springs matched with the pro-dampers. Here's one of me being a doofus:
  9. E

What happened to wheel selection at Tire Rack?

I looked at 18" wheels for the MKV on tirerack yesterday and there were 30 wheels. Today, there are only 11. What's the deal?
  10. E

keyfob weirdness

I went to unlock my GTI via the keyfob as I usually do yesterday, but the car wouldn't unlock. Lock and trunk release worked fine, just the unlock wouldn't work. When I got home, I checked my wife's key and everything worked fine. Anyone else run into this? Can I reprogram the remote on my own...
  11. E

Aftermarket head unit install finished pics

I spent the better part of today installing an Alpine CDA-9856 head unit with iPod controls in my GTI. Here's what it looks like installed: Here's the iPod screen when connected: This was one of the more difficult installs I've done mostly because of trying to fish the iPod wire into the...
  12. E

FS: Eclipse CD3413 CD/MP3 player

I'm selling my Eclipse CD3413 head unit. This is a great player and I like it a lot, but I don't need it in my new MKV GTI. The HU has 3 sets of 2.7V outputs. The internal amp is rated at 13W x 4 RMS and 40W x 4 peak (20-20,000Hz@0.8% THD). It plays MP3s burned to CD as well as regular CDs. The...
  13. E

GTI rear brake problem

I posted this on the Vortex, but thought I'd post here too: I've had my GTI two weeks now (I've put about 500 miles on the car) and the whole time I could smell the brakes after driving the car. I thought it was a normal break-in smell, but last night the smell was much stronger. I checked it...
  14. E

New member here!

Hi all, I just picked up a United Grey package 0 6 speed GTI last night and I'm loving it so far! Just wanted to say "hi". Here's to happy dubbin':burnrubber: !