GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by funny

1. funny

Hawk HPS + DBA 4000 T3 Impressions

Thought i'd make a few comments on this setup. Just in case anyone comes a- looking. Did the usual brake bed in only to subsequently boil up the fluid and need new stuff, so it's not been a cheap exercise. Also have the new brakes mated to Eagle F1 Asym 2s. Sweet - much better than the PS3s I...
  2. funny

I'm back

Fark me. Gone for 24hrs and have a few pages to read. Great that i can use that pic again. I for one just use the forum as a meetplace. Here or VWG, doesn't matter to me. It's ultimately about people with a common interest be it love of the brand, love of driving roads or love of tech talk...
  3. funny

WTB: late B6 Passat TDI

After possibilities in the B6 Passat range, comparing with new Passat model launching locally on 30th April. Would like TDI with options: Xenons Auto tailgate Alarm Electric seats with memory Any offers, etc. please PM
  4. funny

Review: MK5 GTI with HPA SHS, Whiteline ALK and H&R 22mm rear bar

I followed the HPA diagram below. Note that there is a relation between spindle thread type measurement and hub centre to fender measurement (which is directly relatable to OEM/erWin stock hub centre to fender measurements for comparison or relative drop) Using the "A" method is easiest as...
  5. funny

Review: MK5 GTI with HPA SHS, Whiteline ALK and H&R 22mm rear bar

So I've finally done it. :happyanim: It's been sitting in the garage for almost a year... I sourced my HPA from WJ after he swapped out for a MK6. I was after suspension which would improve handling while not overly affecting ride comfort (i.e. close to stock feel) and allowing close to OEM ride...
  6. funny

DIY: Parrot CK3000 Evolution + QCVWS-3 steering control install

Pics of where my mic is now. I don't think it's too obtrusive and amongst the other stuff in that area it does get a bit lost. More so with the added kiddy-view mirror. Mind you I took the pics from a lower angle so the mic would be clear. At my head height I only see about half the mic end...
  7. funny

part 3 You can swap headunit wiring/plugs as per Parrot instructions. I chose to store my Parrot units in the passenger kickpanel area. That way it is easier for me to access if I ever need to remove it or do some maintenance. Beats having to remove the glovebox to get at space. There is a...
  8. funny

part 2 Disconnect the wiring looms. You can see the clip for one through the triangular opening. Next remove the 2 bolts at the top of the centre trim Use the trim tool to remove. You almost kinda “rip” it off as you loosen the clips. Here’s the rear of the trim so you can see the...
  9. funny

OK, so I did this ages ago and tried the OEM mic position which sucked once you were at speed. Sucked enough that my wife stopped using it, so i moved the mic position today and figured i might as well post this up as i have most of the pics to do it. You get pretty good instructions to hook up...
  10. funny

VW confirms interest in Alfa

http://www.smh.com.au/drive/motor-news/vw-confirms-interest-in-alfa-20101002-161i7.html Not sure if i like this as I don't think most Alfa buyers are after hot hatches. More a luxury compact?
  11. funny

Mini's WRC weapon revealed

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/minis-wrc-weapon-revealed-20101001-160bl.html AWD 6-speed sequential shifter 1.6L turbo 4-pot Don't like the 4-bulbs out front or the rear look but will be interesting to see how it goes!
  12. funny

Thread highlights gone?

Anyone know why the unread threads no longer end up bold? Used to be really useful to know where i left off...
  13. funny

16" vs 17" for track

Have 4x 16" wheels a while back which fit the GTI. Just wondering if it would be better to have 16" (would be 205/50) for track or stock 17" (225/45). Pros/cons? I figure 16" will be cheaper to get rubber, but more roll. Anything else? Next Q is what do i need to change them over at track -...
  14. funny

Bluetooth choice - 1/2 height MFD & RCD500

Hi guys/gals - I'm interested in what options there are for bluetooth kits. Would prefer if the kit integrates with steering buttons. Not a problem if I don't get call lists or anything - just want to be able to pickup and end calls. Would also prefer mic location in OEM position near map...
  15. funny

Sydney: FULL Day Drive GTG Sat 21st November

Here's an example of what will get you thrown out of the GTG - no questions asked. Period.