GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gabymontague

1. G

Radiator Cooling Fan Question

Today, I noticed while stopped next to a building that my radiator fan (driver side) sometimes goes BEZERK and spins up so fast, it sounds like a hurricane. It spins so fast, it doesn't whirr, it actually buzzes! Whenever it does that, I noticed that the a/c is on, which is typically normal...
  2. G

Weird Brake/Suspension Noise

Okay.... this is going to sound a bit weird. Whenever I apply my parking brake BEFORE I let my foot off the brake, the rear left (driver side) tire makes a creaking noise. At first, I thought it was the suspension, which it still could be. So, then, i put my car on a flat surface, and then...
  3. G

Has anyone else had this problem?

When first starting my car, if I immediately touch the window button, it will not go down for like 3-5 seconds. Now, I unplugged the battery to reset things, and it worked normally for about a month, then started all over again. Could it be a sign of the battery losing juice? I dunno! I...
  4. G

How many miles do you drive per year?

I know some people have leased cars, so they're restricted on how many they can drive per year. What about the people that flat out bought their cars like me.... how many miles do you drive per year? From Jan 2008 to Jan 2009, I drove 23K miles.
  5. G

Steering Column Problem

Whenever I turn my steering wheel, once it's upside down, it sound like something in there is rubbing. Like plastic on plastic. If I drive around and hit a few bumps, it stops. It's really annoying at times. Has anyone noticed this before? Let me know. I've had no mods or anything to my...
  6. G

Turning off the MFD

Does anyone know how to turn it off while driving?
  7. G

Electro-Mechanical Steering....

Can anyone explain to me how it works? I've checked online for more information, but really couldn't find anything. Basically, I want to know how it differs from regular power steering with the regular pumps, etc. Also, how it tightens, etc with speed control. If there's a link to a posting...
  8. G

Has anyone had Door Locking Problems?

I noticed, when I lock my doors, the drivers' door make a loud click a second time. Like the thing goes up, but then, it goes back down a little or something. It's not a big deal, but should that be something I check? It hasn't done it before. LIke the passenger does goes, click (softly), and...
  9. G

How many miles have you put on your MkV?

I bought my car (2008 GTI, Autobahn pkg) February 16, 2008. I have 19,350 miles I noticed this morning. Would you guys call that putting on too many miles? Should I park my car and drive my boyfriend's truck around? It's not the fact of driving back and forth to work, I just like driving...
  10. G

Shift Lever Noise (Manual)

Two weeks ago, my car started making a weird noise at the shift lever. It's like a dry spring, or a BAD spring noise. It's not very loud, but it's very noticable by me. I had service done, TWICE and they tell me, no fault found. If you sit in the car though, anyone can hear it. It even...
  11. G

WTF !$)(*!%)(*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, my boyfriend was SMOKING in my car during a trip we took. Normally, smoking in my baby is a BIG NO NO, but hey, we were stuck in the car for 8 hours, why not... Just now... I'll de-smoke it later.... Well, as he smoked, HE TAPPED THE A-PILLAR WITH HIS LIT CIGARETTE!!!! Left a burn...
  12. G

Mouse sound when turning off the engine

Okay: I did a previous post one a couple of days ago regarding a sound my engine made whenever I turned the ignition off. Well, I this I described the sound incorrectly. I took my car to the VW dealership, and they told me nothing was wrong with it. Instead of the engine hissing at...
  13. G

Self Adjusting Headlights

I've never noticed if they make a sound or not. Do you hear them adjust when they come back up? I just started hearing mine today. Just a question before I take it in. Thanks, Gabriel Montague
  14. G

Slight hissing....

When I turn off my GTI, I hear a slight hissing noise that wasn't there before. It's not the turbo. It's coming from the left side. Checked with both the A/C on and off. Haven't been able to pick out the sound. It sounds like something that decompresses for like one second. It only happens...
  15. G

Anyone with VAG-COM in Houston?

I'd like to change a few things. Anyone have it available? I'm willing to pay to have you update it! I just don't want to buy the stuff on my own. I wouldn't know what to do with it! gaby