GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gtiiiiiiii

1. gtiiiiiiii

2006 GTI K04 vs 2008 STI 20G

Second gear pull. I haven't been on this site in a really long time. It's sad to read so much about people saying second gear is useless with a k04. Maybe try building the car to handle the power instead of just adding hp without regard to the chassis? I'm running kumho ecsta XS tires in this...
  2. gtiiiiiiii

06 gti vs 07 335i

My car is a 6 speed manual, but I have a friend driving who has never driven the car before. The driver of the 335i is a friend and he's auto. The bmw had an extra passenger in it, also. 335i is stock, gti has apr k04, 3" rsc exhaust, carbonio exhaust, and a peloquin lsd. Hopefully he'll get his...
  3. gtiiiiiiii

Most hardcore rap battle ever.

VY-JOD3P_Bw
  4. gtiiiiiiii

me vs evo 8 video (finally!)

Okay, I decided to start a new thread instead of bumping the old one. This was about two weeks ago. Anyways, the evo 8 has an intake, open 3" dp, tune @ 23.5psi, 280 cams, ACT clutch, and FMIC. I'm running stock intercooler, APR RSC 3" TBE, Carbonio intake, and the APR k04 kit on 93 oct tune...
  5. gtiiiiiiii

Bug eye wrx with ej207 and vf37 twinscroll turbo

From a dig he would jump out almost 5 cars and I would start to reel him in really hard in 3rd gear. I still haven't gotten my car down in second gear as the wheel spin is really bad. We did two dig runs and I couldn't run him down until 4th each time. With more practice I think I could get him...
  6. gtiiiiiiii

Evo 8 w/ full bolt ons

Video coming soon. Have to wait for camera man to upload them. Evo's mods are: Intake, Open 3" dp, cams, tune with boost controller @ 23.5 psi, act clutch, and intercooler. We started at about 40 mph in second gear, did 3 honks and took off. We stayed almost dead even through third, he dropped...
  7. gtiiiiiiii

Regal GS

Just a local guy that wanted to do some virtual fun runs. Cool guy, it was all friendly like. He theoretically has the s/c'ed v6 regal for those that don't know. These cars make really good sleepers actually. He has a cai, 3" dp, and different muffler. He was able to consistently get off the...
  8. gtiiiiiiii

Charger Srt 8

Didn't get any video unfortunately. I even had the camera in the car and a passenger :frown: Guy was kinda being pushy, so I downshifted in 3rd around 70 mph. We romp on it about the same time and I get ahead of him before shifting into 4th by a bit. Through 4th gear I keep pulling more and more...
  9. gtiiiiiiii

Civic Si vs GTI whp over speed graph

Ever wondered how the gti and si are so close when the si has such a weight advantage? This just goes to show how gearing and a wide power band are so much more important than peak power used to sell a car. Not all 200 hp is created equally:thumbsup: VS I did a few calculations, and using...
  10. gtiiiiiiii

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 hits stateside

These tires were released about a year ago outside the US, but we're finally getting them this side of the pond. Tirerack is going to stop selling the outdated RE-01R's, which are still incredible tires nonetheless, and sell the RE-11 instead. For those that don't know, the huge outer blocks on...
  11. gtiiiiiiii

Got a vid of my MKV (k04)

Thanks to dustinwark for learning me up on some u2b embedding =P Description is on the video page. 50-130 from 3rd to just into 5th is the gist of it though. dpQop2qezDw Edit, you should be able to right click save as a better version here: http://mephistopheles.0catch.com/mycar/MKV/50-130.MPG
  12. gtiiiiiiii

Anything in Houston area?

I just moved back here and really looking for something to do. I'm going to hit up the drag strip this Friday, but honestly I need some auto x or something more fun to do. Any ideas?
  13. gtiiiiiiii

K04 MKV vs 911 Carrera S w/ exhaust

Unsure of what other mods the 911 may have had. Was from a second gear 40 mph roll. I tried not to spin the tires too bad and it was overall a pretty close race, though I did put a car or two on him in the beginning of third. He let off a lot sooner then I would have preferred, then took an exit...