GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by johnray

1. J

This broke. What is it so I can replace it

This hose broke off this plastic hub. Cant see any real lettering on it. What is it, what does it do? I doubt I can just super glue the thing back on there, so I guess I'll replace it
  2. J

Quick fuel injector question

Can't find specific info on this, and guides to intake manifold cleaning dont seem to mention the subject to much. When I yank my intake manifold off, if I'm lucky and none of the injectors come out, I dont need to replace the seal. But I should still replace all 4 blue O rings on the top of...
  3. J

Cleaning intake and other maintenance

Sitting at around 62k miles, in about a month im going to take the intake manifold off and clean the valves. I was wondering, since I'm going to have the car torn apart any ways, what else should I get after? Should I go ahead and do the timing belt while im at it? upgrade the fuel injectors...
  4. J

Testing Boost System

Im going to be testing the integrity of my boost system in a few days (hearing a loud hissing noise that I dont think should be there) and just wanted to get something cleared up and make sure I've got everything together. I've searched multiple times and the guide that everyone links to, the...
  5. J

Torque pro errors after loud hissing - boost leak?

I've been chasing down a problem that's been annoying me for a little bit. Lately I've been getting a hissing noise ('ssssssssssssssssssssssss') from the engine bay at around 2400+ RPMs. Its so loud its hard for me to hear the engine over it. Problem is I don't have a huge loss in power (I feel...
  6. J

Oil leaking from DV

Lately I've been hearing a sort of 'sssssssssssssssssssssssss' sound when accelerating, mainly noticeable around 2200-3000 RPMs coming from what seems like the passenger side. At first it was sort of cool, now its pretty damn annoying. I don't really notice a major loss in power, but I sort of...
  7. J

Vag com and Revo SPS - Eugene, OR

Hey, I was just wondering if there were any other GTI guys here on the forums with a vagcom and/or a revo SPS here in Eugene, or even close by, willing to drive a bit. Need to completely reset my DSG, and the dealer ship is being really douchy about hooking a computer up for 4 minutes and...
  8. J

08 (FSI) GTI stuttering in low RPM pull

Hey guys. I'm having some trouble with my car, and like the title says, I'm getting a lot of stuttering in a low RPM pull. By low I mean any where in the 2-3k range. Recently, like in the past 2 months, I've been getting some slight stutters when I've been giving the car some gas in a low...
  9. J

Oc area dealerships

Last time I got an oil change, and dsg maintenance, nothing got done about my dsg, and I only got half a "tank" of oil. So I was wondering, does any one know of a good dealer ship that has mechanics that actually know what the he'll they are doing? I can turn a wrench my self and change oil...
  10. J

MKv head unit question

Hey I have an 08 GTI, and am interested in upgrading the head unit because im looking for a better way to control my ipod (i want the screen to tell me what the song title is ETC). I was thinking something like the RCD-510 worst comes to worse i just get...
  11. J

Looking for vag-com near Orange County

Looking for someone with a vag-com near orange county that can do a few simply tweaks like remote windows and such.