GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by LateAPXR

1. LateAPXR

FS: ECS Billet Boost Tap w/Vacuum Hoses

Price: $20 shipped + PayPal fees This was used on my MKVI Golf R (TFSI) and it worked great; I just decided to upgrade to a cleaner install using a different style of tap. The tap has a no-buzz T-fitting built in. It taps into the intake manifold right below the HPFP. When you order this tap...
  2. LateAPXR

My new 2015 Golf R came in!

Really glad to see someone remembering the British military's role in keeping VW alive. If Wolfsburg had been located in any other nation's post-war sector, we wouldn't be driving them today. And Ferdinand Porsche only designed the Beetle. It was his SON, Ferry Porsche, who designed the 356...
  3. LateAPXR

Not to thread jack, but ermmm....actually no, not really. I'm not out to buy something that looks as aggressive as an STI or an EVO, but at the same time if I'm going to be throwing down the cash for the version of the Golf advertised as the most powerful and sporty one made, then it had better...
  4. LateAPXR

Nope, I'm actually of the same opinion. Overall it looks less aggressive to me than the 6R. I'm glad I picked up a 6R after seeing the 7R when they dropped the photos of it. Wouldn't mind the power increase and DCC though....
  5. LateAPXR

CEL + LOTS of misfires on Cylinder 3?

I JUST got home from dropping my kid off at school, and luckily this happened at low speed (15mph?) just as I was turning into my apartment complex and I was able to coast into my parking spot. Car started running very rough, sounded like a Subaru, very low on power (could barely creep into...
  6. LateAPXR

Anyone know what Comfort Menu "fast scrolling" is?

I found this the other day in the Instrument control module when VAG-COMing my car. Does anyone know what it's supposed to do? Searching around didn't bring up any info about it. I tried setting it but it didn't appear to have affected anything.
  7. LateAPXR

Rear fogs mod order of operations?

Tonight I found a guy locally who owns a VAG-COM cable so I'm trying to put together a list of code tweaks to do… My new euro switch just arrived as well which allows for the rear fog light mod. I haven't done any wiring changes that the mod needs yet, and might not by the time we setup to hack...