GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by linux_guy

1. L

Looking into new engine mounts / transmission mount

Who has most problem free aftermarket mounts. BFI? BSH? VMW? I read some interesting complaints about BSH? Can anyone report after 10-15k if you are still problem free?
  2. L

R32 Exhaust fittment

Will R32 muffler and end tips fit on GTI or does the down pipe need to be replaced as well? P.S. of course with the R32 rear bumper etc... I am just wondering if the fitment is similar on the exhaust?
  3. L

WTB United Gray R32 style rear bumper

pm or text - (3 one 4) 3 one 5 - 5900 - if you have one for sale.
  4. L

2008 GTI 6CD changer unit problems

I get CDC Hardware Error when trying to load or unload CD's... Is the unit bad or can I fix it... If it is a bad unit, what other unit out there with navigation is the best fit for our GTI? I am not sure that I want to spend 500USD on OEM Navigation.
  5. L

WTB roof rails for bike rack

I am looking for OEM or good quality set that will allow me to put bike rack on the roof. I am talking about those two rails going door to door across the roof.
  6. L

OEM Bike Racks

Does anyone know OEM part number for those OEM bicycle carier racks / set? Those two rails going door to door accross the roof.
  7. L

Spark Plugs change time

Stealership wants 16$ per a plug. Where do I order OEM sparkplugs for less?
  8. L

HAWK Breaks - who has the best price?

Break Change time has come for my 2008 GTI. Where should I order hawks from/ who has the best price?
  9. L

Warranty Mechatronics Unit Replacement

I am just interested, if the warranted mechatronic unit replacement requires them to change DSG transmission fluid in the process. DSG requires 400$ DSG transmission fluid service at 40k.
  10. L

On United Gray to replace 18" Huffs which would you pic

Bremmer Kraft BR05 Finish: Black w/Mach Lip Bremmer Kraft BR05 Finish: Bright Silver Paint ASA GT1 Finish: Black w/Mach Lip ASA GT1 Finish: Bright Silver Paint
  11. L

New Tires for the Huffs

I read, and read, and read, and read, and read, and now I understand that I do not understand tires. I came down to few options (all season tires): Falken ZIEX 912 BL 92W Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum 92W Cooper Zeon Sport A/S 92W ------------------------------------------ What do you think?
  12. L

APR stage 1 parts to change - dv question

DV is left on my list - what part number is it, where do you get it from - dealer-stealer or internet?
  13. L

2.76 KG per a wheel

http://www.carbonfibergear.com/weds-sport-full-carbon-fiber-wheel/
  14. L

APR program list

When you get APR stage 1 is the program list consistent between installs - meaning: Cruise Control Set: 1) Stock 2) 91 3) 93 And then when you get other programs: Cruise Control Resume: 1) ? 2) ? 3) ? 4) ?
  15. L

BSH PCV - just installed - do you find oil leaks

I am just interested - does it produce oil leaks around the cap?