1. Mikes08GTI

FS: OEM Drivers Side Aspherical "Blind Spot" Side-View Mirror

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD Thanks for looking:thumbsup:
  2. Mikes08GTI

FS: Smoked US GTI/Rabbit Tails

SOLD
  3. Mikes08GTI

BSH = Great

So, last weekend a bracket for my BSH 27mm swaybar broke. Hey, it happens... I call up BSH on Monday and told them what happened. I was asked to provide pictures, which I sent right away. Later that day, my new brackets were shipped to me. :thumbsup: to BSH for a smooth, no-hassle...
  4. Mikes08GTI

Hawk HPS for the REAR brakes on the track?

Question for you guys... Would Hawk HPS pads hold up on the rear brakes for a track day or two if I use a track pad on the front? The reason I'm asking is that I'm going to install HPS's all around in the Spring, but I want to swap out the front brakes for a track-oriented setup (pads &...
  5. Mikes08GTI

Farnbacher Loles is GONE!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/08/breaking-farnbacher-loles-principal-reportedly-embezzled-funds/ Loles allegedly embezzled money from his Church & F-L. FBI is investigating. :eyebulge:
  6. Mikes08GTI

FS: Drivers-Side Euro Projector Fog Light. Used. CHEAP!

Here is a used OEM Euro Projector Fog Light. It was slightly damaged in a collision with a suicidal cat a few months ago. I bought a new one for my car, but I repaired the broken tabs with 2-part epoxy. Glass is pitted from used (I am the 2nd owner), but no cracks at all. Use it for...
  7. Mikes08GTI

My HID Fog Light problems

So, I had bought a VVME HID kit to install in my OEM projector fog lights. Install went smoothly, but when I went to test it out, nothing happened. I reversed the connection between the car & the ballast, and tested again. The lights came on, but the drivers side one was flickering. Ok...I...
  8. Mikes08GTI

WTB: ONE (1) Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, 225-40-18

A piece of metal caught me on the Brucker Expressway in the Bronx this morning and put a gash in one of my tires and killed it. Anyone around here have a SINGLE Potenza RE-01R in 225-40-18? Used is fine, so long as it hasn't been plugged.
  9. Mikes08GTI

HID Fog Lights; 3000K or 4300K?

So, I'm thinking of upgrading my oem euro projector fogs from the Hoen Endurance halogen bulbs to HID's. As much as I like the Hoen's, I would like more light on the road. Which brings me to this... Should I but a 3000K kit to retain the yellow "bad weather" look, or should I go with a more...
  10. Mikes08GTI

Volkswagen-1, Cat-0

So, my Dad and I were driving back from our shop on Saturday. We worked on our widebody 911 project (link in sig) for half a day. Well, we were doing about 60 in the left lane of the Belt Parkway (NY locals know it), and everything was cool, until... Wham! Crack! Thump! Thump! me- WTF WAS...
  11. Mikes08GTI

Billysburg, BK

My friend Arthur and I went out last Saturday to the neighborhood of Williamsburg and took some pics. Not bad for a car that is 99% stock :laugh: The car is an '08 with a few cosmetic mods, and even fewer mechanical mods. Check our Arthur's other work at http://arthurl.zenfolio.com/
  12. Mikes08GTI

NASA @ Pocono N, 9/5/09...anyone going?

I'm registered for a HPDE with NASA on September 5 over at Pocono. Any other MkV-ers going? I know Pocono isn't the best track, but it looks like the only event I'll be able to get to before the end of the season. So...anyone going?