GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RacerFreddy

1. RacerFreddy

Solved some K04 issues, but need help with another.

I've replaced the G410 twice by accident actually, I could go back to my second one. I'm going to cross that bridge if codes creep back. The fuel filter is a definite just because it's due and pretty damn easy.
  2. RacerFreddy

Well this weekend I'm going to change my fuel filter anyways to start. I may look into replacing more fueling components if codes ever come up, but for now I'm happy. I did some pulls last night and it feels pretty good. A full fourth year pull from 60-100 was smooth, minus one misfire hiccup...
  3. RacerFreddy

With a returnless system there can't be a bleed off of pressure unless one of two things is present. A leak, rail or injector etc, or the fuel pump primes but fails to maintain pressure once the key turns. Is my thinking there correct? I know I don't have a leak, have never smelled gas in the...
  4. RacerFreddy

Here's the rub, the code hasn't come back as of yet, and the fuel trims are better once again at +5.5%. A number I am very good with, so maybe a one off bug or the system wasn't ready to see high boost at first and read lower than usual pressure, not sure, but for now issues resolved itself...
  5. RacerFreddy

Update: No pics, I'm not worried about my piping at the moment, it held up great all week through normal driving and some proper pulls. Gas mileage has improved significantly as well, likely got over 300 miles on a tank for once. Fuel trims fully set in at -3% at idle and +7.4% under load...
  6. RacerFreddy

Not at the moment, I wouldn't be able to get a pic until the weekend. I actually have it mounted down about 2 inches and towards the rear of the car using some stock aluminum with some holes drilled in. It spaced the pipe back away from the s3 intercooler enough to trim the forge hose to make...
  7. RacerFreddy

That's the thing, trimming most of these hoses would set the clamp on a bend of the hose, and I feel like that isn't secure nor good for the hose. The neuspeed pipe listed is what I got, I didn't use the turbo muffler delete piece because it doesn't fit a K04 nor is it needed, the CTS k04 has a...
  8. RacerFreddy

Update time!!! Good news, everything is back together and seems to be holding and running better than ever, I'll see how the car runs the coming week on the commute, but my test drive was promising. Injector on cylinder one was easily the culprit, it was leaking compression/air, as oil was...
  9. RacerFreddy

Well I should have my intercooler piping situation fixed by tomorrow morning with some more welding, just need to take it easy until I get more parts in. I went ahead and ordered replacement hoses, adapters, and outlet/throttle pipes to really nail down this intercooler piping nonsense. Will...
  10. RacerFreddy

I'll post a pic this weekend, won't have time to get into the car until then. I'm thinking in the long term of getting a vise mounted bead roller and some pipe and going nuts. Bridging the gap with another silicone hose will likely be my best bet, but need more measurements as well. In the short...
  11. RacerFreddy

That was a third option, but I'd have to cut the turbo outlet beyond where the bracket sat, so it wouldn't be bolted down, actually had it ziptied in place using the bracket. The forge hose can't be cut any shorter I'm already pushing the aluminum pipe I used to join the two into the bend of the...
  12. RacerFreddy

It's an issue adapting the oe outlet pipe bottom to the twintercooler hose. I don't have provisions for the slip couplers anymore, they wouldn't fit in the twintercooler hose, so I cut those parts off and went to straight beaded ends with t-bolt clamps, like you would see for any other...
  13. RacerFreddy

I only see 22-23 peak, which is what the OTS tunes generally call for, for what's it's worth yesterday I raced a GT mustang and it was running pretty well. At the high end I only felt a couple of stutters, I put my CTS intake back on and the fuel trims settled at +7.8% this time around...
  14. RacerFreddy

Well I'm only starting with cylinder ones injector, I put a used one in with an old seal, so who knows what may be going on with that one. It cured my really bad high load misfires, but the idle ones set in from there. I managed to snag a brand new S3 injector and will replace gaskets. No RFD...
  15. RacerFreddy

I've used every kind of OE plug with varying gaps to no success, there really has to be little to do with ignition issues. I've tried PFR7B, BKR 7 and 8 EIX, and PFR7S8EG , gapping them all between .024 and .030 and nothing has solved misfires. Whether it be the idle misfire on just cylinder 1...