GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by thebornotaku

1. thebornotaku

Vinyl wrap interior trim -- How to!

In contrast to my other thread I figured I'd stop being lazy and just do it. Post is a direct copy/paste from my build thread over on Stanceworks. I know I said it was arduous, but I do want to express: This feels totally worth it. The interior trim is just like a flavorless cherry on the top...
  2. thebornotaku

Vinyl wrap interior trim -- how to?

I want to remove the anthracite/silver/whatever trim from my dash and doors and wrap it. Firstly, does that trim just pop off, and secondly, does anybody know offhand how much film will I need in order to wrap all the pieces? It's a 2dr Rabbit. Trim from the doors, above the glovebox, and next...
  3. thebornotaku

DTC P2181, CEL illuminated.

Like the title says. My CEL is on, and I have a P2181 DTC. That's "Cooling system performance". It came on first last week when it was about 44 degrees out and I was bombing down the highway at 80 with the heater on first thing in the morning, so I figured maybe it was just because it was cold...
  4. thebornotaku

obd-ii bluetooth?

So this is my first OBD-II car and I've seen people running bluetooth adapters and apps like torque on their android for diagnostics and specs and stuff. I was curious if anybody here has run one of those and can suggest a good one? thanks
  5. thebornotaku

Mk5 2.5 vs. Mk5 2.5

He must have been bone stock too cuz it was a dead heat. :lol:
  6. thebornotaku

School me on flip keys?

Okay so I recently bought my Mk5 and I'm pretty sure the key is original, it's pretty beat up and loose and I wanted to get a spare made of the entire key, new case, working buttons and all. I've seen a lot of stuff online for cases and even a few with boards in them but I'm not 100% sure what...
  7. thebornotaku

Rabbit vs. GTI ride heights?

So I wanna get my rabbit down a little lower because the wheel gap is atrocious. Today I parked next to a Mk6 GTI and noticed it sat a bit lower, I wasn't completely certain if that was by merit of it being a GTI or not. So I'm curious if the stock GTI suspension for Mk5s was actually lower or...
  8. thebornotaku

Stubby antenna for your Mk5

So I know there's a ton of stubby antenna options out there, so here's another one. Looks pretty decent, right? It's from a 2014 Honda CR-V. p/n 39191-SWA-305. Most dealerships should keep them in regular stock. We sell them at my dealer for around $30 retail, others are likely to be...
  9. thebornotaku

Has anybody installed rally lights on their MkV?

So I have a set of Hella 700FFs that I ran on my Volvo and would like to put on my Rabbit. The light output is second to none and I love the way cars look with a bigass set of rally lights on the front. Mounting I can figure out myself once I get the bumper cover off, but I was curious about...
  10. thebornotaku

front plate delete plugs?

So basically I wanna relocate my front plate so it's not in the center of the bumper, just move it off to the side or something. But the dealership screwed the plate right in to the middle of the bumper. Does anybody know of anything that will work well to cover that up? Doesn't have to be...
  11. thebornotaku

Where to find cargo cover?

I have a 2009 Rabbit 2.5S 2 door that is missing it's rear cargo cover, where can I find one? I've seen only one or two on eBay but they were asking well over what I want to pay. Anybody know of where I can source one of these, or am I going to have to make one?
  12. thebornotaku

Audio install to my 2009 Rabbit 2.5S

So I really wasn't a fan of the stock headunit and stereo in general, I had the crap non-touchscreen model which "got the job done" but even with the iPod connectivity from the dock it was still seriously lackluster. My previous car had a good stereo in it and a stereo is a pretty important...