GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by vdubbaby

1. vdubbaby

Wheel bearing or tire cupping?

I have been noticing a humming sound coming from the wheels that sounds like a mack truck! The dealer told me that it was just my wheels cupping but my car is not out of alignment and the tires are balanced. The sound is like a hum.....hum....hum, and becomes worse the faster I go. Has...
  2. vdubbaby

Best wheel color for UG?

I am thinking of painting my Classix's but I am not sure if I want to go black, anthacite or another color. I am kind of leaning toward anthacite but I am not sold on it yet. If some of you could post some pics and what paint and clearcoat you used that would be awesome. Thanks
  3. vdubbaby

Newest version of APR?

I does anyone know what it is?? and is there any advantage over previous versions?
  4. vdubbaby

Leak behind boost gauge!

I recently installed the AWE boost gauge and at first I would peak at 18-20 and hold about 15(APR). Today on my way to work I would still peak at 20 then I would hear air coming from behind the boost gauge and the boost will drop to about 5? Do you think it is a bad gauge or should I just...
  5. vdubbaby

Downpipe gains on APR stg2?

I heard that if you just get a downpipe with stock exhaust you will not get the same gains that you would with a full TBE. Is this true?:iono:
  6. vdubbaby

DryFlow Filter Opinions

I currently have a neuspeed intake and the neuspeed oiled filter. People with an AEM DryFlow filter do you think it is better or worse?? (i.e. HP, mileage, airflow, etc.) The reason I am asking is that I need to clean the filter soon and I am afraid to over oil it and mess up the VERY...
  7. vdubbaby

part number help?

I have the A3 pipe and mine did not come with the part that blocks off the hole in the firewall like this one: http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=1K0145770K Does anyone know the number for this part so I can order it or should I just go to the dealer and ask?
  8. vdubbaby

Auto Car Wash Question??

My car is covered in salt and the touchless car washes just don't clean the car good enough. What are your opinions on a "touch car wash"? I am not to worried about the car getting scratched because a know of a really good car wash that takes good care of their equipment to prevent that, but...
  9. vdubbaby

Have you been caught with a chip?

I am thinking about getting the apr flash and want to know what are the chances that the dealer will find the chip? Have any of you ever been called out by your dealer?
  10. vdubbaby

Where do you wash your car during winter??

Drive thru car wash, "spray it off" car wash, at home?? Another technque??
  11. vdubbaby

Bentley Repair Manual Online?

Does anyone have this? I was thinking about it for TSB's and some other things. if you have this, can you tell me the advantages of owning it and will it help me do any harder mods myself?
  12. vdubbaby

Question for DSG owners?

For about a week now, I have been noticing that when I first start the car in the morning and put the car in reverse everything is fine but as soon as I take my foot off the break to begin to back up the car studders like it would if it was about to stall is this normal or what do you think it...
  13. vdubbaby

Which Gauge to Get??

I'm trying to figure out which boost gauge to buy. I know this is a lame question but I want keep a nice clean look to the interior. I have it narrowed down to two, but if you have better suggestions let me know. 1. Awe Vent Gauge 2. L-C-T module I am leaning toward the awe because i heard...
  14. vdubbaby

Dealer never has the parts I need??

I just don't understand everytime I go to the dealership near my home they never seem to have the part that is needed for my repair the same day. Then it takes a week for the part to come in, then another week to get scheduled in whats up with that?? So, now this problem has been going on with...
  15. vdubbaby

I need reassurance!

This is my 1st vw and I have only had it for about 5 months and it has been to the dealership 4 times. (A/C, MFD, Fuel pressure sensor, and a random electrical problem) Is it normal to have these problems this early on? Will it get better?:iono: Also, what kind of problems have you had too?