GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by vudoo

1. V

FS: Stock Rev B Diverter Valve

Just replaced the stock DV w/ a Forge DV. The diaphragm still looks good. No tears. $30 shipped. Maybe someone needs this for going back to stock and selling the car. Or... just for the plug and keeping the ECU happy.
  2. V

Strange Sounds After Forge DV Install

I get a rattling sounds now when I let off the gas and coast (DSG). It sounds like a rattler snake or a baby rattle. Wasn't here before. Weird. Everything else seems to work though. :iono:
  3. V

PaintingValve Cover?

Has anyone done this? Just remove valve cover and add some high temp engine paint. Seems simple right. I have not seen any pics of painted valve covers. The EJ valve cover is nice but really expensive.
  4. V

WTB: OEM Rev. D or Forge DV

need either. thanks.
  5. V

WTB/WTTF: Stock 06 GTI Springs

Looking for front springs or all four if the price is right. I have H&R springs in the front that I'm willing to trade for. Just gotta switch em out with the OEMs first.
  6. V

Uneven Wear...

I've been having uneven wear on my front tires. The insider is worn out alot. Is it due to the car being lowered? We got the car used 2 years ago. It came lowered. I think H&R in the front only. We got a set of new tires soon after since the stock summer tires were worn. About 6 months ago I...
  7. V

WTB/WTT4: GTI OEM front springs

Need factory front springs. I'm willing to trade my current H&R front springs for the OEMs. Local would be nice.
  8. V

BSH: Other Ground Method?

Have you guys considered using UPS Ground? Fedex Ground/Home Delivery is complete gabage. I work for Fedex Express so you know that I am not exaggerating. I ordered something from you guys and it seems like Fedex Ground didn't come pick it up until a few days later. I've seen this happen alot...
  9. V

Good Wheel Repair Shop in Boston?

Anyone know a good place to get some wheels repaired? My friend who doesn't take care of his Scion TC curbed all of his wheels. One of them is dented pretty bad. Thanks.
  10. V

GF's GTI Just Died

She left my house and called me like 10 minutes later saying her car just stalled and died. Her dad checked the oil and said it was low. I checked it yesterday and it was fine. :mad: I did a little research on here and think it's the PCV. She said there's a burning plastic smell. Is the engine...
  11. V

FS: 2003 GTI 1.8T 5spd. 45K miles.

2003 Silverstone Grey GTI 1.8T Original owner. Location is Boston, MA. 5spd ~46K miles It has the "Monsoon" package I think that's what it's called. Sound system and sunroof. VW 16" alloys It needs new tires and brakes. Interior and exterior is still in pretty good condition...
  12. V

Mobil 1 Oil Filter?

I've noticed that the GTI's filter is a filter element w/ a housing that is reused. The Mobil 1 filters are like other regular filters. Basically an all-in-one part. Is it OK to use? I assume w/ the Mobil 1, it's basically the same but you don't put the housing back on.