GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DBESTGTI1

Mall Crawlin' Adventures

I had a thread going a while back from when I first bought my truck but I let it die and most of the picture links are dead at this point so I thought I'd start a new one. This will be my adventures in or with my 2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited. The current mod list: -Removed the Limited...
  2. DBESTGTI1

Job offer, to move or not to move...

removed
  3. DBESTGTI1

Pop-up Campers?

Does anyone here have any experience with pop up campers? My wife's aunt and uncle had a big plot of land outside of Breckenridge, we're thinking about buying a pop up and just leaving it up there so we have a place to stay on weekend instead of driving back and forth each day. I'm wondering...
  4. DBESTGTI1

Dog for dinner...

On Sunday I was sitting on the couch watching the NFL championship games enjoying my awesome view out of both of the windows that surround the TV/fireplace.... When I saw what was either a huge bird or a small plane came past the window, it peeked my interest and I went to go check it out. I...
  5. DBESTGTI1

Dog for dinner...

On Sunday I was sitting on the couch watching the NFL championship games enjoying my awesome view out of both of the windows that surround the TV/fireplace.... When I saw what was either a huge bird or a small plane came past the window, it peeked my interest and I went to go check it out. I...
  6. DBESTGTI1

The bike thread - mountain, road, fat, TT, DJ, cross... what are you riding?

Any other cyclists on here? What are you riding. Between my wife and I we have 7 bikes and #8 is being built from the frame up.
  7. DBESTGTI1

Adventures in the shop - carnage pictures.

I posted this on another forum and people seemed to really get a kick out of it so I thought I'd share. These are all pics I've taken of things I've personally come across over the years. Touareg V6 timing chains, tensioners, and cam adjusters.... this could have all been avoided with regular...
  8. DBESTGTI1

Adventures from the shop - wrecked crap

I was looking through my "random work stuff" album today, thought I'd share some entertaining pics... Touareg timing chains, tensioners, and cam adjusters.... this could have all been avoided with regular maintenance. Front end off a Jetta Front end off a Beetle Aftermarket shop did the...
  9. DBESTGTI1

Ditched the GTI

I've been talking about getting rid of the GTI for a long time now, basically since I moved to Colorado. I love my GTI but even with a hitch mounted bike rack, snow tires, and space bubble on the roof racks for carrying ski gear and stuff it just wasn't practical for my lifestyle since moving to...
  10. DBESTGTI1

I narrowly escaped a Nazi work camp!

It was over a decade ago that I was first abducted and thrown into a Nazi work camp by Volkswagen. For years I worked diligently as to not upset my captors, and as I did I rose through the inner slave ranks. Eventually I had my own group of minions below me. I trained them in preparation of my...
  11. DBESTGTI1

My turn to ask for a vote...

I need a minute of your time and your vote. Please vote at www.andrespark.org to help raise funds for a Bike Park that my former mountain bike advocacy group back home is building for charity in Carpentersville, IL. CAMBr (Chicago Area Mountain Bikers) is 1 of 4 finalists in the Midwest trying...
  12. DBESTGTI1

Jury Duty

Has anyone ever gone to Jury Duty and actually gotten selected to be a jury? I had Jury Duty last Wednesday and got picked to be a juror on a rather lengthy criminal case. Today was the 5th day or trial, tomorrow I expected to be the last day, I'm not allowed to discuss anything about the case...
  13. DBESTGTI1

It's been a freakin' decade!

Monday was my 10 YEAR anniversary of working for Volkswagen. It's kinda crazy taking some time and looking back on the past decade. Not just work related but looking back on all the events in my life that I remember going to work the next day at VW. I still remember my first day, I was sure I...
  14. DBESTGTI1

Rant - HIDs

I'm still looking (not very hard) to replace my GTI with something else. I want a new or slightly used, 4 door SUV or long bed pick up (must be able to fit bikes in the bed without removing the front wheel and my 174mm skis.) My list of requirements are very short.... V6, V8, or forced...
  15. DBESTGTI1

My backyard!

Some of you might remember a couple months ago when I was talking about my wife and I buying our house in Colorado. Well yesterday I decided to break out my actual camera (not cell phone) and I took a bunch of pictures of our view throughout the day starting from early in the morning until...
  16. DBESTGTI1

New Years Resolutions

I didn't see a thread on it, what's your New Years resolution and honestly how likely is it that it will happen? Here's mine In 2013 I biked 1,842 miles and ran 381 miles, this year I want to beat both of those numbers. I'm going to do more skiing, climbing, and open water swimming than I have...
  17. DBESTGTI1

WTF?! Not sure if awesome or terrifying

Remember the Chuck E Cheese bear band.... http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/10715/guy-buys-animatronic-band-from-pizza-place-programs-it-to-perform-pop-lock-and-drop-it
  18. DBESTGTI1

I haaaaaaaaaate the waiting game!

My wife and I found our dream house yesterday and we put in an offer on it last night, the offer had a response deadline of midnight tonight. We're still waiting for a response and its killing me lol
  19. DBESTGTI1

Drunken observation for the mods/admins

I've been drinking heavily while watching hockey and trollin' bitches, I've noticed something odd. The buttons at the top left for the different forum are "7" "6" and "V" - a mix of numbers and roman numerals. Looking at the titles on the forum list... "GTI & Golf MkVI General Discussions" -...
  20. DBESTGTI1

I'm an Ironman!

This past Sunday my wife and I competed in Ironman Louisville down in Kentucky with a our friend Jenny. What an absolutely incredible experience. I went into this race saying my goal was just to finish the 2.4 mile open water swim, the 112 mile bike ride, and the 26.2 mile marathon. I wanted to...