GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Rockchops

Sticker on mailbox

Yesterday the mailmen in my town were acting extremely suspiciously. First I saw a couple zoom by very quickly, then about 25 minutes later I noticed there were a few parked Notice the one at the end of the road too. I was walking across town (already dark, around 7-8 pm) and one blew a stop...
  2. Rockchops

Going appliance shopping

Yes, I am about to distance myself 2x from my mk6 :(. I am trying to trade my 135i m-sport in for a (get ready...) CR-Z or something similar. I drove a couple today and considering its a reasonably high mpg hybrid, it is funky and surprisingly agile. Most everyone thinks I am crazy but here's...
  3. Rockchops

My Saga: probably the last BMW I'll own.

In July, I excitedly traded in my 2011 GTI base 6speed for a fully loaded 2011 135i DCT. The car was great, 33k on the clock with leater, M package and premium sound and all that. Sounds and drives amazing! Anyways, the issue is with continual problems over multiple BMW dealers. Its truly...
  4. Rockchops

Inspiration/moving

http://imgur.com/gallery/Po7i1 American photographer Angelo Merendino photographed every stage his girlfriend went through in her battle with cancer Had to share. I recently lost a family member to cancer and this just hit hard, in a good way.
  5. Rockchops

Spotted on Around Town thread

I figured its probably time to put my spotted exotics all in one thread. I live and work in one of the wealthiest areas of the country (not bragging, just saying) so there are always crazy cars floating around. 911s are daily sightings, as are Conti GTs.
  6. Rockchops

Help my roommate - 12-16k car

I told him to get a Mustang, he probably will. He wanted to see if there were any other possibilities though, I recommended a 350z. Can't be a 2 seater though. He's more about looking good rather than going fast, so the V6 auto convertibles pique his interest. Not a car guy but appreciates...
  7. Rockchops

Rockchops' undecided car adventures (looking for input)

So I'm looking to trade the GTI in on something a little different. My main annoyance with it is the manual trans (which I should have seen coming) along with FWD. Otherwise I have absolutely no need for any practicality so I'm in the market for something different, fun, but auto. I was hoping...
  8. Rockchops

2014 CTS

http://jalopnik.com/2014-cadillac-cts-this-is-it-458768296 My goodness this thing is a beauty! Something about angular sleek cars that gets me every time.
  9. Rockchops

Favorite brand of tool?

Question popped up on the mercedes forum I'm on and thought it was a good one. My personal favorite is Craftsman, good compromise between quality and price, mostly still made in the U.S.A. I can't afford Snap-on and Matco unfortunately. I love Harbor Freight for one-time use stuff like rotary...
  10. Rockchops

Racing sims

Anyone into racing sims? I'm trying to decide which one to get...iRacing is enticing but its pricing is ridiculous. rFactor 2 is in beta mode (thinking I can get in on that), and its pretty much between those two. Anyone have any experience with those? Also, trying to decide a wheel/pedal...
  11. Rockchops

Suzuki gone

At least from the car market http://jalopnik.com/5957964/suzukis-us-distributor-files-for-bankruptcy?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow&post=54007621 Sad too, I really like the Kizashi.
  12. Rockchops

Snor'eastercane Sandy

Anybody freaking out yet?
  13. Rockchops

"guilty pleasure" cars

What cars do you want to own that are weird or generally unpopular? 2 of mine. Guess I'm cheap
  14. Rockchops

Snapple goes political

I pop open a crisp cool Snapple this morning and under the cap I see this (attached). It made me rage. I suppose it's "up to" but still, seemed like an odd fact. Thought?
  15. Rockchops

Allergies

16. Rockchops

Torque app (this thread is different, I swear)

Has anyone tried sideloading the torque app? To be clear and not get in trouble - I'm not looking to get it for free (have no issue paying), I have an older device that isn't on android/google market. Its a Pocket Edge tablet (which is pretty cool btw) but its running froyo 2.2 and they never...
  17. Rockchops

Fiesta ST confirmed for U.S.?

http://jalopnik.com/5936531/ford-fiesta-st-coming-to-america-like-prince-akeem Another hot hatch thrown in the mix! I actually like the Fiesta although its styling is a bit forgettable (like the Focus)
  18. Rockchops

Steam IDs

I don't own an Xbox and all these gamer tag things make me wonder if anyone else uses a PC anymore :iono: anyone use Steam?? I'm beautyofmachines...feel free to add me, I pretty much just play TF2 and Dota 2.
  19. Rockchops

Mercedes A45 AMG

Top Gear just announced via Facebook that AMG confirmed their plans for an A45 AMG, rumored to be around 350hp and AWD. :drool: Some generic pictures http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-mercedes-a-class-geneva-show-2012-03-05 And we'll probably never see it here in the states :mad0259:
  20. Rockchops

2012 24h Le Mans...technological showcase

There are a number of very interesting cars racing in Le Mans this year! Last year was incredibly exciting partially due to the Audi saga, but this year is going to have some debuting new technology which nerd like me get excited about. First is the Audi R18. It is a diesel hybrid (Yes, you...