GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Considering Second Car...

If you get a cheap Honda, you can save money because they just don't depreciate much. I used to have a Honda Civic Si hatch that I drove for several years that I sold for $200 less than I paid. Maintanance was cheap. I just replaced the alternator and battery and otherwise it was super...
  2. G

Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

Yup, it's definitely no Corvette. It's a box on wheels but I like the powertrain. Tough call. Hopefully, they improve the looks a bit before they release it. I just got excited by the TDI hybrid and DSG.
  3. G

Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/14/volkswagen-crossblue-detroit-2013/ Interesting concept from VW. I assume it's a concept but it's fairly complete. I expect this to be a 2014 release sometime later this year. I like the specs 2.0L TDI combined hybrid to make 305hp. With a 0-60 time of 7.2...
  4. G

2014 Lexus IS!

That's just plain aweful looking. At least if you own one, you'll be sitting inside where it actually looks quite good.
  5. G

Toureg?

Definitely test drive both versions. I read some review on Car and Driver (I believe) that said the TDi was the one to have because the suspension worked best. I didn't understand that because I thought the V6 and the TDi had the same suspension? I drove the TDi Touareg a few weeks ago and...
  6. G

Sold GTI. Help me pick next car.

Oh, man. I just checked and it only comes in a six speed. Well, here's hoping that the mk7 turns out to be much better than the mk6.
  7. G

I assumed it would have the DSG like the regular Focus. :iono:
  8. G

Evo MR? Focus ST, but you'd have to wait a bit.
  9. G

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

Really? I thought the Jetta interior was horrible. That's why I went with the GTI.
  10. G

Honda CRZ for Wife?

She should check out the Focus hatch. It's a pretty nice car for the money. Starts at around 18k. I almost bought it instead of the GTI.
  11. G

Budget of ~$35,000 for a DD. What to buy?

Take the Cayman out for a spin. It either fits your personality or it doesn't.
  12. G

Budget of ~$35,000 for a DD. What to buy?

I test drove my coworker's 2011 Boxster S and it was a blast. It's a very different feel when the car is mid engine. The handling was amazing and the car had virtually no body roll. The ride was decent but as a daily driver, it might be a bit on the loud side. Great car and I would've bought...