GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ChrisB1

It is almost time to say goodbye to VW ownership

Well, the time is approaching to say goodbye to VW. The car that I loved to hate will be traded as soon as possible because I'm back in full-on hate mode with it. I'll probably end up listing my VW specific items on the forum and if they sell, they sell. If not, I'll find someone else to pass...
  2. ChrisB1

Would you buy this?

Lol, something similar has been told to me about my MK6. I had one friend, who is no longer with us, who would clown me till no ends by saying: "Man your car looks great from the front, to the side, until you get to the back. Did they just give up and square off the back or something? It's...
  3. ChrisB1

Toyota Supra 2018/19

I could have purchased one in 2007 for $7,500 from a friend of mine. The only problem was that he had just put over $9k into it the year prior to offering it to me for $7,500 and I was scared it would become a money pit. It ended up being totaled by a utility truck literally running over it...
  4. ChrisB1

This forum is almost dead

With my water pump going out last month and my radiator starting to leak this month, all I can say is if this trend continues, I'm ditching the GTI soon! I generally expect to get to 100k before I need to start spending $200 to $300 replacing parts that fail every month, not 60,000 miles where...
  5. ChrisB1

What're you gonna do with your tax refund?

What is this refund of which you speak? Despite the fact that my estimated payments should put me at a break even point, I always owe. As a result, I file the day before the due date! Granted, I don't owe much because the net between my State refund and Federal Tax due is $500. Part of me is...
  6. ChrisB1

It's Happening... Subaru STI to get new engine.

The new WRX/STI chassis is WAY stiffer than the old ones. As a result, it rides way rougher than the previous model but handles like it is on rails compared to the prior generation. I still want one, lol.
  7. ChrisB1

So my Buyback Offer just arrived, time to get serious about what to buy...

Dang, I have a UV allergy and can't stand vehicles with sunroofs, yet all of the fully loaded ones come with a freaking sunroof. I can only enjoy them at night so I find them rather useless. :(
  8. ChrisB1

My new car search has begun...

The good news is I just want another car whereas I don't actually need another vehicle for any particular reason. Also, it looks like I am about to get suckered into another six months at my current contract position, so it makes no sense to purchase a new vehicle that will just get beat up on...
  9. ChrisB1

Big turbo is a little over the top for a FWD vehicle. Technically you need better motor internals and fueling support in addition to everything needed for a K04. I'm guessing both DSG clutch packs and a LSD would be recommended in my case, so that 8k budget just grew a few more thousand. Not...
  10. ChrisB1

Test drove a 2015 Civic Si

Out of all the manual transmission vehicles that I ever owned, the 6 speed in my 2007 6MT accord was the best shifting factory installed manual that I ever owned. I liked it better than the manual transmissions in my 1997 Civic, 2006 Mustang GT, and 2012 WRX.
  11. ChrisB1

The weird thing is that I heard conflicting reports when it comes to going with a K04. Some have told me that it moves the power band further down the RPM range, which I think I would like. Others who have K04s have complained that there is too much low end power. I'm guessing like...
  12. ChrisB1

The car just hit 40,000 miles after three years of ownership, so I figure a K04 would get me at least another 3 years of enjoyment out of it. :D I'm actually over the healing phase for the extraction and placement of dental implants. The only thing I am waiting on now is for the crowns to be...
  13. ChrisB1

You're going to laugh, but I am seriously considering going to a K04 and just running the GTI until it starts giving me more issues than I want to deal with. In the long run, that would be cheaper than starting over with a new car and modifying it. I guess it all boils down to me living with...
  14. ChrisB1

Nothing yet. I am too much of a cheapskate! I will say that I don't like the Challenger or a Camaro with a sunroof. Why does every freaking Camaro on the lot have a damn sunroof? Despite my hate/hate relationship with the dealership, a MK7 R is still on the table. The other contenders are...
  15. ChrisB1

Hilary or Trump (and why?)

That goes both ways. On Thursday, some obvious college liberal was going on and on about how nice it must be for me and my white privilege. I thought her head was going to explode when I explained that while my skin color is white, I am 37.5% Asian, Filipino to be exact, and my mother's family...
  16. ChrisB1

Southpark's Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich comes to mind with this presidential election. Since voting doesn't appear to be working to bring about positive change, maybe we need to break out the tar and feathers... EDIT: I had a conversation at work about this election just yesterday. I said...
  17. ChrisB1

This is how this election appears to me. Hillary Clinton - Vote for me because I am not him. Donald Trump - Vote for me because I am not her. 318 million people and this is the best that each major political party could come up with? Just when I started to have a glimmer of hope for...
  18. ChrisB1

The funniest thing to come out of this election thus far was the term "weaponized autism" Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/571qcs/pol_uses_weaponized_autism/
  19. ChrisB1

I think they both suck. Clinton has been in politics since the Nixon administration and what has she done that was for the greater good without benefiting herself in the process in all that time? Trump is a narcissistic jackhole constantly saying whatever is on his mind without regards to...